Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  435
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's Going to the Grand Final ?

What is the best way to find a ticket for non members / non ballot?

And non corporate

Post Thanks / Like

Will be there. Stuck in Sydney this morning due to Qantas so will miss VFL GF this afternoon
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm priority 2 but my son is priority 3 so hoping he gets a ticket otherwise I will buy him a package ticket can't miss this

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    I'll be flying in Wednesday morning. Booked flights last week, just in case. I've been promised tickets from a BF poster who had spares. Won't know where I'll be sitting until I leave on Monday I guess. As long as they aren't standing room. I don't think I could physically do that. I'm getting old and cranky(well, I've always been cranky). After 40 years of waiting, I just can't believe it. No matter what happens next Saturday the 40 years has been worth it.

I guess I'll have to change my sig next Sunday...
    Lol I was thinking of you last night actually. Dogs on the cusp and the cubs favourites. Could be a big year!

Oh and if I get seats and yours are standing room I'll be happy to swap. I watched at a mates place last night but didn't sit down for 80% of the match

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got tix afl members. Sitting m14
    It's really happening

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Will be there. Stuck in Sydney this morning due to Qantas so will miss VFL GF this afternoon
    That sucks, I would expect that from Jetstar or Tiger but not Qantas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    What is the best way to find a ticket for non members / non ballot?

And non corporate
    From years of experience of reading footy forums, talking to supporters of other teams and following media/social media I kept notes on the best way to snag a ticket to the Grand Final if you miss out on the ballot....

Before gameday:

- Find the cheapest ticket package around (currently around $990 at Etihad). Also ring around the non-competing clubs (especially the non-Victorian teams, Port are a good start) as they often have leftovers that they haven't sold and will sell them at a slight discount.

- Enter every competition for GF tickets there is - especially the ones that give them out on emotion - get your best "sob" story ready.

- Spend every day at the Foxtel Fan Experience at the MCG and other known scalper haunts (pubs around the G, Fed Square etc), but be prepared to pay $$$$$$$$$ to scalpers this year. With us in the GF the unofficial ticket prices will be outrageous.

- Avoid eBay, Gumtree and Facebook etc - full of scammers and selling them this way is illegal anyway so they may be confiscated by the law.

Grand Final Day

- Get to the MCG early. Hang around the radio OB areas in full Bulldog colours. They often give away tickets.

- Closer to the first bounce(and just after the game starts), hang around the entrances as I have heard of people being given spare tickets by Salvation Army volunteers, scalpers trying to offload unsold tickets, and corporates leaving giving their tickets to fans outside. I have a mate (Magpie member) who snagged a ticket the last way at the Collingwood v St Kilda GF replay - he missed the first bounce but got a ticket to a private box. Lucky for him if was a large box but he did get quite a few puzzled looks from other guests - no one questioned him though and he got through the game without being ejected.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    That sucks, I would expect that from Jetstar or Tiger but not Qantas!
    They changed the gate number and 4 of us didn't hear it. Customer service very rude as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This guy. This guy is going. Got a ticket.

I still can't believe it.

Post Thanks / Like

Corporate tickets sold out. Damn it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just on tickets for the GF. While I'm more than happy for WOOF members to help each other out to get tickets to the game, I'd hope that anyone selling tickets does it just for face value. If I can secure n extra ticket I will help our deserving members.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going. Not missing this for the world.

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am level two so I don't know where yet but I will be there so friggin excited.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just on tickets for the GF. While I'm more than happy for WOOF members to help each other out to get tickets to the game, I'd hope that anyone selling tickets does it just for face value. If I can secure n extra ticket I will help our deserving members.
    Thanks G. I'm relying on the ballot. If you can I'd love it, and I'd be happy to make an extra contribution to the club on behalf of WOOF to the Women's Team, VFL Team & Bulldogs Backyard as a token of appreciation & gratitude to any woofer who can help.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 25-09-2016 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Typos
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Im also only in the ballot, so if anyone can be of any assistance please hit me up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -