Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  191
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. 10+ years of relationship building culminating in a wonderful result. I hope that the new members signed up in Grand Final week contribute from here on in, because as we saw, we need to prioritise looking after regular contributors first. So please become active for the sake of our community, and next GF to be prioritised.
    I'm hoping I'm wrong and call me a little sceptical but I'm thinking we may not hear from a couple of newbies until next September.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog, 1eyedog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    I'm hoping I'm wrong and call me a little sceptical but I'm thinking we may not hear from a couple of newbies until next September.
    I think you may be right with a few KT, but they'll find themselves at the bottom of the pecking order again. They can't say we didn't tell them or encourage them to become an active poster and receive the benefits our community receives. Such is life.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. 10+ years of relationship building culminating in a wonderful result. I hope that the new members signed up in Grand Final week contribute from here on in, because as we saw, we need to prioritise looking after regular contributors first. So please become active for the sake of our community, and next GF to be prioritised.

10+ years. You're right, we missed one of WOOFs anniversaries!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    I think you may be right with a few KT, but they'll find themselves at the bottom of the pecking order again. They can't say we didn't tell them or encourage them to become an active poster and receive the benefits our community receives. Such is life.
    Define regular contributors? Some regular posters a few years ago suddenly popped up again out of the blue....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    10+ years. You're right, we missed one of WOOFs anniversaries!
    We did a big thread earlier in the year. People even said nice things about you!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Define regular contributors? Some regular posters a few years ago suddenly popped up again out of the blue....
    I'm not too sure. Seeing what we were able to do as a community, perhaps for next time the mods can put something specific together about rewarding actual contributors first.

10. Likes azabob, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too sure. Seeing what we were able to do as a community, perhaps for next time the mods can put something specific together about rewarding actual contributors first.
    You did a great effort driving it mate. You should be proud.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, well done to all

Post Thanks / Like

We did a big thread earlier in the year. People even said nice things about you!

Oh yeah! In my defence it's been a big week preceded by a huge month and while I haven't exactly been doing it large (next flag I will actually relax long enough to celebrate and enjoy) there has been a fair bit to insert into the memory banks.

We pretty much kept out of it. Too many cooks and all that. You had it under control.

Mostly.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I thought I might get in early to see if anyone has access to Grand Final tickets (AFL, MCC members etc.) that they won't be using.

I have managed to convert my entire family to supporting the Dogs but my little sister still insists on having the Dogs as #2 behind the Crows. Should they make it she will be in the Priority 2 ballot (not having the Crows equivalent to Social Club), but facing long odds with only 4500 tickets in this ballot with roughly 50000 eligible members in this tier.

Obviously there is still a fair bit to play out, but should the Crows make it and she is unsuccessful I would love to be able to get my hands on a few tickets and take her. I would be super appreciative if anyone with access they are not using could help out.

Cheers,
    TAC

Post Thanks / Like

Would the GF still get 90k+ if it was Adelaide v GWS?

If Richmond make it tickets will be hard to get
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Would the GF still get 90k+ if it was Adelaide v GWS?

If Richmond make it tickets will be hard to get
    I think with so few tickets for club members they are always hard to get. Even GWS can fill their allocation easily with their membership totals. I think there aren't any options left to club members aside shelling out serious $$$ for a package, that's why I am holding out hope that someone might not be using their MCC or Afl members access, this is pretty much the only other way to get them.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 17-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney didn't fill their allocation, no way GWS does.

2 interstate teams always has spare seats

Post Thanks / Like

My son inlaw is a mad Tigers fan and he's driving down this week from Darwin for the Prelim. Anyone with a spare I'd love to be able to give him a ticket to the GF if they get in.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Hi all,

I thought I might get in early to see if anyone has access to Grand Final tickets (AFL, MCC members etc.) that they won't be using.

I have managed to convert my entire family to supporting the Dogs but my little sister still insists on having the Dogs as #2 behind the Crows. Should they make it she will be in the Priority 2 ballot (not having the Crows equivalent to Social Club), but facing long odds with only 4500 tickets in this ballot with roughly 50000 eligible members in this tier.

Obviously there is still a fair bit to play out, but should the Crows make it and she is unsuccessful I would love to be able to get my hands on a few tickets and take her. I would be super appreciative if anyone with access they are not using could help out.

Cheers,
    TAC
    Bump. Unsuccessful in the ballot (unsurprisingly) and hoping there might be someone with AFL barcode/MCC ticket access that they are not using. Would be eternally grateful.

Cheers.