Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  191
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Haha, your crazy ticketless odyssey has inspired me- I am driving over on Friday despite no real avenues to get my hands on tickets.

Worst comes to worst I love Melbourne and being a teacher I am on holidays from Friday and would be more than happy to spend a few days catching up with mates, spending hard earned on the sales in the Whitten oval shop, drinking ungodly amounts of coffee, and eating burgers out of a train somebody stuck up on a roof.

I am still foolishly hopeful that I can snag a few tickets and come armed happy to pay overs (err I mean pay 'face value plus a special fee for the envelope') so that might go in my favour. All I can say is that 10+ years of Social Club fees were worth not having to go through this when we made it last year- I don't think I would have coped!

I am sure everyone knows at least a dozen people looking for tickets that they would pass them onto in the unlikely event of actually knowing someone who has extras, but should mystical bonus ticket holders exist and you are sitting around racking your brain about who might like some... I am your man. Even if it's just one, I will gladly send my sister on her way and sit at Fed square after filling my belly full of Southern fried chicken waffles (which is an Elvis sounding dish you absolutely must try) from Bowery to Williamsburg on Oliver Lane.

Maybe I need a costume for the 360 comp? ��

Great stuff. At the very least work on the basis that you are definitely not going if you stay in Adelaide. And at the very worst you can go to the MCG precinct and watch at a live sight. I'm considering doing that myself for a neutral it's often more fun than being inside.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Haha, your crazy ticketless odyssey has inspired me- I am driving over on Friday despite no real avenues to get my hands on tickets.

Worst comes to worst I love Melbourne and being a teacher I am on holidays from Friday and would be more than happy to spend a few days catching up with mates, spending hard earned on the sales in the Whitten oval shop, drinking ungodly amounts of coffee, and eating burgers out of a train somebody stuck up on a roof.
    Make sure you tell your sister that, even if she doesn't get a ticket to the game, if the Crows win she can enter the G after the game to be there for the concert and the Crows players being presented on the ground.
    Last edited by aker39; 26-09-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

It just shows in this day and age if you want to go to the Grannie buy your club's membership ticket and preferably Social Club ticket. In my opinion you are not mad keen if you don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    It just shows in this day and age if you want to go to the Grannie buy your club's membership ticket and preferably Social Club ticket. In my opinion you are not mad keen if you don't.
    I had Social Club for ages for exactly that reason. I always suspected that the Dogs would sneak in when nobody expected it and they well and truly proved me right!

I don't know that other club's equivalent social club tickets are as cheap as ours though.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    You would have no hope if you were a Richmond Supporter fighting for a spot. They have 75,000 plus members.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You would have no hope if you were a Richmond Supporter fighting for a spot. They have 75,000 plus supporters.
    Members mate, they have 75,000 plus bloody members! They seem to have about a trillion supporters.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Members mate, they have 75,000 plus bloody members! They seem to have about a trillion supporters.
    Yeah that is what I meant.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Have a couple of keen Tigers if anyone has a free ticket or two,
    Same same ... I’ve got a mate chasing two tickets. He’s been a member for over 20 years but missed out. If anyone knows of any, please message me.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like