Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  191
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

I've got two standing room suddenly spare.
    One is gate 5, the other is Gate one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Pm sent
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post
    I've got two standing room suddenly spare.
    One is gate 5, the other is Gate one.
    I've sent you a PM.
    I've been waiting for a couple of days. It I could please have the gate 5 one it would be greatly appreciated.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou everyone for your great support.
    When I spoke to my mate just before he said he is indebted to everyone.
    I can now relax and enjoy the parade.
    See you all at Beer Deluxe tomorrow
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

5. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Pm sent
    PM replied with my phone number. Call me and it's yours. (Last one)

C.

Post Thanks / Like

Both gone now. Aker39 and ash.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    ash Guest

Thank you so much NoseBleed, words fail but I just bet you all know exactly how much this means, how relieved and grateful I am. Looking forward to meeting at Beer Deluxe.
    Go dogs!

10. Likes bornadog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post
    PM replied with my phone number. Call me and it's yours. (Last one)

C.
    All good mate couldn't get hold of my mate. You snooze you lose
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a general rant, but there were lots of people complaining on Facebook that tickets should be available/ sold to the general public. Why? While I definitely agree that a hell of a lot more than 30% of tickets should be allocated to the participating teams members, I'm pretty sure the people complaining were the ones who aren't members because this was before the ballot.

I felt like saying YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING ABLE TO BUY A TICKET IF YOU ACTUALLY SUPPORTED YOUR CLUB VIA A MEMBERSHIP. All members got a chance of getting a ticket, and thousands still missed out, so why should someone who isn't a member be able to buy a ticket when theres not even enough to go around as it is? Ugh.

A lot of the people complaining about tickets were Bulldog "fans" (I refuse to call them supporters because in this case they're not actually supporting anything...). Sign up! There are cheaper/ long distance membership options available, and I for one would rather give my admissions fee to the club rather than the fricken Etihad mob (even though we get screwed over with that whole deal anyway, but thats another rant for another time). Also I don't see the logic- you can't fork out a few bucks for a membership to see the club you supposedly support play, but you'd be happy to rock up on grand final day when all the hard work has been done? Piss off.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. I get a bit carried away with my rants but PEOPLE ARE EFFING DUMB.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 30-09-2016 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Ranting continues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    This is a general rant, but there were lots of people complaining on Facebook that tickets should be available/ sold to the general public. Why? While I definitely agree that a hell of a lot more than 30% of tickets should be allocated to the participating teams members, but I'm pretty sure the people complaining were the ones who aren't members because this was before the ballot.

I felt like saying YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING ABLE TO BUY A TICKET IF YOU ACTUALLY SUPPORTED YOUR CLUB VIA A MEMBERSHIP. All members got a chance of getting a ticket, and thousands still missed out, so why should someone who isn't a member be able to buy a ticket when theres not even enough to go around as it is? Ugh.
    Someone needs to explain to these people that Grand Final tickets ARE available to everyone. They start at $990 for the cheap seats, up to $3200 for premium category 1 tickets. That is market value for an event like a Grand Final. Members pay discounted prices ($150 to $399) for their loyalty.
    Footscray member since 1980.

14. Likes N/A, bulldogtragic, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say a public thank you to WOOF on behalf of all the long-suffering/longtime members who managed to get tickets through this amazing community. Also a special thank you to Sydney legend RedandWhiteOnline who helped a bunch of us out and gave us a chance to experience this historic occasion. It was a win for the ages, and it means so much more because the Bulldogs have always been so much more than simply a footy club for us to 'support' and lord it over others when we win. It has never been just sport for us. The Bulldogs are a community, an idea, and an ethos, and WOOF embodied this for years before Beveridge, Gordon and Co. finally fully realised it at the club itself. It's been a hell of a ride. Thanks again, good night all.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone I knew who wanted a ticket ending up getting one. The generosity and support of the WOOF community to help get everyone a ticket was superb. Simply outstanding. Kudos to everyone.

17. Likes N/A, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great effort to all Woofers who help out getting those that needed tickets, what a wonderful membership we have.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

A community that was able to organise something like making sure all the real supporters got a ticket to ur first GF in 55 years was exactly the sort of reason we set WOOF up back in the day. To create a community of bulldog supporters no matter where they were in the world. We wanted to take the Whitten Oval experience /ethos worldwide.

Well done everyone.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

20. Thanks KT31, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    A community that was able to organise something like making sure all the real supporters got a ticket to ur first GF in 55 years was exactly the sort of reason we set WOOF up back in the day.

Well done everyone.
    Yep. 10+ years of relationship building culminating in a wonderful result. I hope that the new members signed up in Grand Final week contribute from here on in, because as we saw, we need to prioritise looking after regular contributors first. So please become active for the sake of our community, and next GF to be prioritised.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

22. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post