Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  191
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Hey Twodogs, your inbox is full. Didn't have any luck, was that the barcode?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Hey Twodogs, your inbox is full. Didn't have any luck, was that the barcode?

Now unfilled mate. Check you PMs
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I just read this while thread again. Good times, friends. Good times.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I just read this while thread again. Good times, friends. Good times.
    Awesome.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Awesome.
    I knew you'd be on board.

So awesome.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Thanks The Adelaide Connection, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I right in remembering that they release a thousand odd tickets on the day of the GF from the ticket box at the G? And crazy folk sleep out all night to get them?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Post Thanks / Like

Am I right in remembering that they release a thousand odd tickets on the day of the GF from the ticket box at the G? And crazy folk sleep out all night to get them?

I don't know but I read on the weekend there is no general public release tickets for the GF, which was what I always thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Total myth.

The only people lining up all night are MCC members who missed out on the reserved seat ballot.

Any tickets left over from the 2 club members' ballot, AFL members reserve sales or corporate sales are offered back to the competing clubs for members who missed out in the ballot - usually done Thursday morning.

In 2016 the Swans had a limited number of standing room tickets that were unsold, so these were offered to WB members who had missed out in the ballot.

In previous years, especially in GFs between 2 non Victorian teams, there have been a small number of tickets offered in the AFL members reserve to club members who missed out. (After 1st being offered to silver AFL members).

There are almost always corporate packages left unsold (especially the ones going for $3000+). The clubs have an unwritten agreement to sell them to the 2 competing clubs, who then distribute them amongst their own members. Anyone desperate for a ticket should be ringing EVERY licenced GF ticket inseller (there is a full list on the AFL website every year) to enquire about any unsold packages. From experience, the non-competing, non-Victorian teams seem to have the most unsold packages. Be prepared to pay way over face value though.

One of my mates is a Collingwood member, and he got into the 2010 GF like this....rang around every club until he bought a package through Port Adelaide for about $700 - got to attend their GF breakfast as well.
    Footscray member since 1980.

10. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has access to a GF ticket, please let me know.

I have a lifelong Tigers fan desperate for a ticket, would be great to help him out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Total myth.

The only people lining up all night are MCC members who missed out on the reserved seat ballot.

Any tickets left over from the 2 club members' ballot, AFL members reserve sales or corporate sales are offered back to the competing clubs for members who missed out in the ballot - usually done Thursday morning.

In 2016 the Swans had a limited number of standing room tickets that were unsold, so these were offered to WB members who had missed out in the ballot.

In previous years, especially in GFs between 2 non Victorian teams, there have been a small number of tickets offered in the AFL members reserve to club members who missed out. (After 1st being offered to silver AFL members).

There are almost always corporate packages left unsold (especially the ones going for $3000+). The clubs have an unwritten agreement to sell them to the 2 competing clubs, who then distribute them amongst their own members. Anyone desperate for a ticket should be ringing EVERY licenced GF ticket inseller (there is a full list on the AFL website every year) to enquire about any unsold packages. From experience, the non-competing, non-Victorian teams seem to have the most unsold packages. Be prepared to pay way over face value though.

One of my mates is a Collingwood member, and he got into the 2010 GF like this....rang around every club until he bought a package through Port Adelaide for about $700 - got to attend their GF breakfast as well.
    Thanks heaps for this awesome post. Potentially saved me driving to Melbourne and sleeping out all night trying to get some crazy mythical unicorn tickets.

Will be doing my darnedest to track tickets, if anyone knows of anyone trying to offload two (or more) please let me know.

Cheers

13. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks heaps for this awesome post. Potentially saved me driving to Melbourne and sleeping out all night trying to get some crazy mythical unicorn tickets.

Will be doing my darnedest to track tickets, if anyone knows of anyone trying to offload two (or more) please let me know.

Cheers
    Good luck, hopefully you can get one
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers
    Come on mate, be a little bit insane. Drive over-you know you wanna do it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Have a couple of keen Tigers if anyone has a free ticket or two,

Post Thanks / Like

yeah in the extremely unlikely chance that anyone has one I have a mad Crows supporter who would love to get one. Took her to the Hawks vs Port prelim final a couple of years back and she was barracking for the Hawks (or against Port) more than any of the Hawks fans at the game

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, your crazy ticketless odyssey has inspired me- I am driving over on Friday despite no real avenues to get my hands on tickets.

Worst comes to worst I love Melbourne and being a teacher I am on holidays from Friday and would be more than happy to spend a few days catching up with mates, spending hard earned on the sales in the Whitten oval shop, drinking ungodly amounts of coffee, and eating burgers out of a train somebody stuck up on a roof.

I am still foolishly hopeful that I can snag a few tickets and come armed happy to pay overs (err I mean pay 'face value plus a special fee for the envelope') so that might go in my favour. All I can say is that 10+ years of Social Club fees were worth not having to go through this when we made it last year- I don't think I would have coped!

I am sure everyone knows at least a dozen people looking for tickets that they would pass them onto in the unlikely event of actually knowing someone who has extras, but should mystical bonus ticket holders exist and you are sitting around racking your brain about who might like some... I am your man. Even if it's just one, I will gladly send my sister on her way and sit at Fed square after filling my belly full of Southern fried chicken waffles (which is an Elvis sounding dish you absolutely must try) from Bowery to Williamsburg on Oliver Lane.

Maybe I need a costume for the 360 comp? ��

20. Likes Twodogs, Topdog liked this post