Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  191
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    I google for "AFL Standing room" and come across this (first come first serve, I believe):

"I HAVE A STANDING ROOM TICKET, HOW EARLY DO I NEED TO ARRIVE AT THE GROUND SO I CAN SEE THE MATCH?
    It is in your best interest to arrive as early as possible to guarantee a position in the front. Positions in standing room bays are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
    " Link. Will PM you shortly.
    Thanks mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

Emai to win two ticketsl: promotion@seven.com.au

Full name and address, phone number and tonight's code word 'Bulldogs'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Thanks choconmientay thanked for this post
    doggone Guest

hello all. i only joined yesterday and have been reading the thread about securing grand final tickets. some wonderful stories and it brought back memories of when my team made the grand final and won for the first time in a few years. i have been lucky enough to have attended five grand finals since 2010 and will be heading along on saturday to possibly see history being made. clearly, i am not a footscray supporter, however, i post with good intentions. i am a regular on another club's forum.

anyway, i may have access to an extra ticket that was bought in the swans ballot (btw, swans fan i am not!). i am still waiting on confirmation that it is not wanted by the purchaser. if this comes to pass, i am more than happy to offer it to a footscray supporter who is a regular poster and has yet to secure a ticket. i only seek to recoup the face value plus any booking fees for the person that bought it.

to help me because i don't know any of you, i would like some long term posters on this forum to message me to let me know who they believe should get the ticket and briefly explain why. this is not about making people beg nor is it a popularity contest. i genuinely want to be able to give it to someone who doesn't have a ticket because they missed out on the ballot. if it becomes available i will pm that person before the day to arrange payment and collection (on the day of the game because i won't get it until then). by taking this approach i am trying to avoid getting anyone's hopes up in case i don't get the ticket. also, by posting this now it gives me time to sort things out. this is a legitimate offer and if i don't get the ticket i will let you know.

i hope saturday is a special day for you all.

7. Thanks aker39, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There seem to be three members on here currently without a ticket:

Scraggers
    Choco
    Daughter of the West

If it's a meet up at the MCG to swap cash for the face value ticket, that's a fair offer.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the face value DG?

doggone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What's the face value DG?

not entirely sure. all i know is it could be one of three tickets, all single seats. two were q56 (expensiveish) and one was m33 (the cheapest). not overly helpful but i am working with little detail.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just received a phone call 'out of the blue' from an old acquaintance who has got a standing room ticket for me. Fingers crossed i pick it up tomorrow. I'm still stunned.

Thank you to all the wonderful members on here for your efforts. Heartwarming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I had 4 hours sleep over nearly 48 hours so I would not have noticed either way.
    You never make any sense.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I have just received a phone call 'out of the blue' from an old acquaintance who has got a standing room ticket for me. Fingers crossed i pick it up tomorrow. I'm still stunned.

Congrats Hose!

17. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Congrats Hose!
    Awesome?

Post Thanks / Like

Keep up the good work guys. There are tickets out there and there are many people who willingly will give tickets up for true supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

There seem to be three members on here currently without a ticket:

Scraggers
    Choco
    Daughter of the West

If it's a meet up at the MCG to swap cash for the face value ticket, that's a fair offer.
    Updated. Three possibles for you doggone.

21. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome?
    Indubitably!

23. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post

Love it, mates looking after mates. You are off to the Grand Final to see the mighty Dogs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

25. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post