Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everitt?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everitt?

Mobile CHF? How much smaller is he than Chris Grant in his early years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Grant was a FF for his first couple of years. Everitt needs at least another season (prefer 2 more) before being able to handle the CHF role.
    Grant moved to a half forward role alongside of Coleman as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They are listed at the same height currently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Grant was a FF for his first couple of years. Everitt needs at least another season (prefer 2 more) before being able to handle the CHF role.
    Grant moved to a half forward role alongside of Coleman as well.
    I realise Grant was FF in the early years, just thought it would be easier for Everitt to be a mobile CHF. He is 3yrs away from being a geniune key position player. Would prefer that to Will (couldnt catch a cold in Antartica) Minson playing forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    They are listed at the same height currently
    I read somewhere that the club said Everitt grew to 195 cm during the season.

Post Thanks / Like

I realise Grant was FF in the early years, just thought it would be easier for Everitt to be a mobile CHF. He is 3yrs away from being a geniune key position player. Would prefer that to Will (couldnt catch a cold in Antartica) Minson playing forward.
    While I agree that Minson isnt a great mark and Im stunned that Eade thinks he can add value to the forward line to dismiss Minson like this just isnt called for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    I read somewhere that the club said Everitt grew to 195 cm during the season.
    That's good. That makes him well and truly a KPP now

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree that Minson isnt a great mark and Im stunned that Eade thinks he can add value to the forward line to dismiss Minson like this just isnt called for.
    Have you come to expect any less from the person delivering the call?

Post Thanks / Like

I might of been harsh, but it was fair. He isnt a good mark. Sorry Westdog54 also

CraigW Guest

I think he should make a move up forward. We need a player of his skill and size between the wing and 50 metre line, because this is where we fail to maintain any consistency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraigW View Post
    I think he should make a move up forward. We need a player of his skill and size between the wing and 50 metre line, because this is where we fail to maintain any consistency.
    There is no reason why he couldnt play as a tall forward flanker.

Post Thanks / Like

I might of been harsh, but it was fair. He isnt a good mark. Sorry Westdog54 also
    Cant you just say he isnt a good mark ? Most would agree with you and I know that I would.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    Bit of Andrew Embley you reckon? Tall wing, great skills etc.

I like him rebounding from defence, but with Gilbee, Griff, Shaggy etc he might not get a run there.
    I liked the Embley comparison Borgy in terms of being a tall utility type who finds a way to influence the game. I kind of wonder if Shaggy could play as that Embley type?

As he is probably still physically underdeveloped I think Everitt just has to be moved around to where he can be most useful, but a spot as a rebounding defender seems ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing Everitt has in spades is versatility. His height, mobility and skills mean that he is suited to a number of positions and it really is a matter of experience, body conditioning and fitness which will determine how much of a success he it. I agree that probably for the next few seasons Everitt will play backline/wing, but ultimately I'd like to see to the guy move into much more influential roles. In terms of build and skills he reminds a lot of a young James Hird, that good mix of height, skill and mobility. All that he lacks really is that confidence and belief which Hird had in his ability to turn a game! Ideally whilst I see Everitt as a dfender winger now I think I'd ultimately like to see the guy as a roaming forward/midfielder.