Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lin Jong Weighing Up His Options

Agree with BT. Reading that article, it strikes me that he is going. I want him to stay and see a role for him on our list, and in our best 22 over a season. That being said, we need access to earlier picks while we are up the ladder and "flipping" a guy like Jong (Stevens my preference) makes a lot of sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Ch7 reporting GCS chasing Jong hard. If he takes them up on their offer this year, we might get some decent value.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going up and down on this. I have good word he does not want to go but then this article and watching him yesterday post game, his tears seemed more than just joy. Hope he stays though!

Post Thanks / Like

When he started, I thought he would never make it. Looked like Djekurra ( spelling? ) MK II.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Jong is a good player, but Dunkley/Smith really have him covered. Add in Lukas Webb as another inside mid, plus Mitch Wallis coming back late next year and the potential father-son recruits of Olly Liberatore, Rhylee West and Romero's kid, we are going to be chock a block with inside mids. His loss will affect depth next year, but we should be able to cover provided we don't have too many injuries.

If we got a decent trade for him I would let him go. I would find a trade for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want him to go but if he does, make it GC they have so many draft picks we will get overs for him.
    Collingwood have nothing to offer they used all theirs on Treloar.
    Cloke if we take him ( things might change now) we will be giving Collingwood a very low pick 70s?
    We can be in a very strong position in the draft or getting players across from other clubs.. On another note do we actually need to trade at all with the list we have and Crameri coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

If we have the chance to make our team even better then yeah we trade. This season could have easily not gone the way it did. The comp was so even and teams are improving we'll need to continue to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    If we have the chance to make our team even better then yeah we trade. This season could have easily not gone the way it did. The comp was so even and teams are improving we'll need to continue to improve.
    Agree we need to trade, but with Murphy, Adams and Crameri to add, maybe Cloke and Collins also (with Wallis and Redpath later on), I wouldn't be disappointed if our trading was to move on 3-4 depth players with the most currency in trade for the best available draft picks. If we can give Dal 3 top 30 picks this draft and regenerate from the bottom up again, that may be our best play long term.

Post Thanks / Like

At GC, he'll be a first selection tier mid for the next 5 years for them, given Prestia and JOM are out the door.

If opportunity is what he's seeking, they're definitely his best option. If he wants to be close to family, he should just stay with us. Opportunities will present themselves, it's a matter of Jong taking them.

I'm ambivalent. He's quality depth and is clearly a good character, and is a good fit for us as a multicultural and socially progressive club. But we need to keep improving the list and I'm confident Dalrymple can find a gem if we were to secure a pick in the 20s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    At GC, he'll be a first selection tier mid for the next 5 years for them, given Prestia and JOM are out the door.

If opportunity is what he's seeking, they're definitely his best option. If he wants to be close to family, he should just stay with us. Opportunities will present themselves, it's a matter of Jong taking them.

I'm ambivalent. He's quality depth and is clearly a good character, and is a good fit for us as a multicultural and socially progressive club. But we need to keep improving the list and I'm confident Dalrymple can find a gem if we were to secure a pick in the 20s.
    He GCS traded down a high pick (circa 9) to 18 with all their other picks or traded one of 21/22/24/28 I'm more than confident that Dalrymple with make another great selection. If he stays I'm happy, but a first round trade up or good second rounder I'm happy with too.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 03-10-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

My money is on him staying.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Fox Sports have reported that Jong and Collingwood isn't an option. He is staying or going to GCS. Reading between the lines Collingwood can't match whatever the trade offer to our club (picks) and him (years/dollars) is. So he stays or we get a decent trade. Watch this space I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Fox Sports have reported that Jong and Collingwood isn't an option. He is staying or going to GCS. Reading between the lines Collingwood can't match whatever the trade offer to our club (picks) and him (years/dollars) is. So he stays or we get a decent trade. Watch this space I guess.
    Or they don't have a list spot. They're linked to every player out of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Or they don't have a list spot. They're linked to every player out of contract.
    They think they have a great chance of landing WHE. Jong might be considered if that fell through
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Would rather keep Rat than Jong. I think we have Jong more than covered and reckon his value is Bing inflated by his injury and the story. He butchers the ball as much as anyone.