Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    that's it. As i said earlier, my metaphor is enjoying this ride without buying a ticket. If there's not enough people buying tickets then services get cut, personnel get cut etc.

It's not like the old says where the base was an 11 game membership, take it or leave it, there's so many ways to buy into the club. Maybe that's my second metaphor, i like bunnings so i'm a supporter of wesfarmers. But without buying into them, i'm not a shareholder that rides ups and downs with them, i just get to say i like bunnings. Mind you, if i had kids they might ask for a sausage and then it's too expensive again.

I like straight talking. If someone can't afford it, they don't need to say 'i'm poor' or feel bad, that's just where things are for them today. But what really annoys me, and i've family members guilty of this... Is using whatever bullshit excuse they can find to justify not joining. My favourite hits; 'oh, it's not called footscray anymore, they've lost me and everyone i know', 'until they change the name back i'm not joining, footscray forever', 'i don't like etihad and we shouldn't have left wo', 'this club won't change', 'they don't do enough for your membership fee' and bullshit on. Just say, i don't want to be a member and stop the bullshit. And while we are on cutting bullshit, don't cry to members or people connected to members about not having access to grand final tickets because you couldn't even get into the ballot, of which most dogs members actually got tickets last year. But at least we all had a shot. The afel isn't going to open up 20,000 tickets to non-members because 20,000 non-members of all clubs want the full benefits of membership without paying a membership to a club...

All that said, congratulations to over 8,000 new members currently joining the journey and buying into the journey. We love of afl, vfl, new women's team, new talent academy, ballarat expansion and our various community programs and they will be as successful as possible because 8,000 new members so far have been a shining light to those who use thin excuses. If anyone of you new members is reading this thread, good on you for showing others an example to follow and surging us towards 50,000 members.
    amen!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Members are supporters.
    Non-members are barrackers.

Levels of 'mad' and 'passion' are subjective - but the above is the black and white.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Members are supporters.
    Non-members are barrackers.

Levels of 'mad' and 'passion' are subjective - but the above is the black and white.
    I like that rule.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I put up some common luxury items as a comparison: a take away meal per week equals $43 a month, a pack of smokes per week equals $95 per month, a coffee a day equals $120 a month compared to $7.95 for a Dogs membership which works out to be 26c per day. 26c per day & people still say they can't afford it.
    Please.
    This has actually inspired me to contact the club and see about the pay it forward option. While I don't drink coffees or smoke etc I can easily do a bit more like take my own lunches to work a few days each week. I've always admired the way our club have gone to that extra effort in providing options to help get others to our games.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This has actually inspired me to contact the club and see about the pay it forward option. While I don't drink coffees or smoke etc I can easily do a bit more like take my own lunches to work a few days each week. I've always admired the way our club have gone to that extra effort in providing options to help get others to our games.
    Great job, GVG. No doubt there are Dogs fans genuinely doing it tough and a membership is well down the list of priorities but going to some games could be a good outlet for them.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Next week, after my arrival in Melbourne, I will be getting my 40th Footscray/Western Bulldogs membership at the club. At least this year I won't have to travel as far to watch us win the Grand Final. Keilor East to the MCG is a LOT closer than Chicago to the MCG!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    Next week, after my arrival in Melbourne, I will be getting my 40th Footscray/Western Bulldogs membership at the club. At least this year I won't have to travel as far to watch us win the Grand Final. Keilor East to the MCG is a LOT closer than Chicago to the MCG!
    Huge effort!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You must be looking forward Chicago1 to getting to the Dogs games. It's been quite a bit of time. Yes a lot closer travelling now for you than before.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 25-04-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Indeed. I dropped the morning coffee purchase on the way to work to pay it forward. I just organise the perculator the night before at home and get in a quick one before I leave now.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Indeed. I dropped the morning coffee purchase on the way to work to pay it forward. I just organise the perculator the night before at home and get in a quick one before I leave now.
    Lucky you...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes KT31, Topdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lucky you...
    If only
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If only
    Make me a decent coffee and we'll see.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have returned. Hopefully I'll get up to the club in the next day or so to renew my membership. I have no idea where to sit at Etihad and what kind of a membership to get. It was so much easier being a Bulldogs member in the 70s, 80s and 90s!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

18. Likes Eastdog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have returned. Hopefully I'll get up to the club in the next day or so to renew my membership. I have no idea where to sit at Etihad and what kind of a membership to get. It was so much easier being a Bulldogs member in the 70s, 80s and 90s!
    Level 1 reserved seat silver section very good. Great atmosphere where I am Level 1 Aisle 33 near Gate 5 at Etihad. Ultimately up to you which one you go for Chicago1.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Went over to the Whitten Oval today and signed up for the 40th year! I have a Silver Boundary membership and will be in Aisle 35 Row C, though because I joined so close to Saturday's match, I have to pick up this week's ticket at Etihad and probably won't get my season seat this week. I was told that I would be on Level 1 possibly near Aisle 35 for Saturday's match. I'll try to be there in time to see part of the VFL match.

I shall be wearing my Chicago Cubs World Series Champions cap and matching t-shirt(for the first time) for good luck. I'll also have on my 27 year old scarf with players badges on one side and as a special treat an "Impeach Trump" badge on the other side right above my "I HATE TIGERS" and "I HATE MAGPIES" badges.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...