Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    You could throw as many personal incentives at people as you can think of, but many don't see it as enough. I've had numerous barneys on FB with non-members who all trot out excuses - my money is better spent on other things etc, I even had one who refuses to sign up as the club didn't do enough to combat scalpers during GF week.

We need to create a culture where signing up as a member is like joining a family/religion/cult. It's not 'what can the Bulldogs do for me' rather 'what can I do for the Bulldogs'. In the future, big stadiums may actually become obsolete with the advent of VR, so simply marketing memberships based on attending games needs to be re-thought.
    I have said this for many years, but clubs continue to market the attendance side.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You could throw as many personal incentives at people as you can think of, but many don't see it as enough. I've had numerous barneys on FB with non-members who all trot out excuses - my money is better spent on other things etc, I even had one who refuses to sign up as the club didn't do enough to combat scalpers during GF week.

We need to create a culture where signing up as a member is like joining a family/religion/cult. It's not 'what can the Bulldogs do for me' rather 'what can I do for the Bulldogs'. In the future, big stadiums may actually become obsolete with the advent of VR, so simply marketing memberships based on attending games needs to be re-thought.
    Sporting organisations need to tread very carefully with VR. In the next 10 years it will become very powerful. The NBA already has it at select games. But think of half empty stadiums. The reason i go to games is the atmosphere. Kill the atmosphere you might kill the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I've told people to cut out one of the two coffees they have every morning to pay for the membership. These are the same people who are quick to jump off as soon as we become 'irrelevant' but have basked in the glory of our drought-breaking win. There are a lot of them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

What Do you mean by VR?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen quite a few more 2017 WB member stickers around than before so certainly we have gained more members but we now want to get 50K and beyond that's our ultimate objective. I wonder what our supporter to member ratio is there probably is a bit of a gap.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I've seen quite a few more 2017 WB member stickers around than before so certainly we have gained more members but we now want to get 50K and beyond that's our ultimate objective. I wonder what our supporter to member ratio is there probably is a bit of a gap.
    At one stage a few years ago we were the best in the league Eastie. I remember reading it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    At one stage a few years ago we were the best in the league Eastie. I remember reading it.
    Is this regarding the supporter/member ratio you mean B4L.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What Do you mean by VR?
    Virtual reality. Wearing a headset that stitches camera footage together so you can look around like you're there
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

9. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Is this regarding the supporter/member ratio you mean B4L.
    Yes Easty

Post Thanks / Like

Regretfully I will be removing my Bulldogs sticker from my car today. Too many envious opposition supporters looking to key my car after they lose to us. Shame. Bloody mean streets of Wheelers Hill.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I wonder if that was because those half-hearted supporters (or bandwagoners as they're commonly known) were to afraid to admit who they supported.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed. I've told people to cut out one of the two coffees they have every morning to pay for the membership. These are the same people who are quick to jump off as soon as we become 'irrelevant' but have basked in the glory of our drought-breaking win. There are a lot of them.
    It was crazy to see all these bulldogs 'supporters' during GF week. I've never seen so many in my life.

But i didn't really care. At the end of the day, their elation and joy from the win is just not comparable to what the die-hards like ourselves experienced. Similar to that of a hawthorn fan seeing a flag. What we experienced was very unique. The pain was worth it.....i think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Virtual reality. Wearing a headset that stitches camera footage together so you can look around like you're there
    That with sport is a thing?

Gulp
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Interesting. The NBA are already broadcasting this way? Do you know if it also imports the sound and atmosphere from the stadium or just show the sport product in 3D? I have a mental image of me and my mates staggering around a lounge room with big goggles on trying to replicate the game experience. I'd do it but I'm sure someone will make the big mistake and wee in my laundry hamper thinking they are in the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Regretfully I will be removing my Bulldogs sticker from my car today. Too many envious opposition supporters looking to key my car after they lose to us. Shame. Bloody mean streets of Wheelers Hill.

They pulled the members sticker of my dads car during his funeral. If I had caught them doing it there would have been another body to go into the incinerator with him. The body may or may not have been dead when we pushed it in.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    What kind of tosser looks at someone's car and goes, "Gee - this person obviously doesn't support the same AFL side that I do", willfully takes out their keys and proceeds to damage someone else's property? Like, seriously?!?

I'm sorry that's happened to your car AR.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post