Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  200
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The casual boast thread

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    VFL/AFL Finals, Official Records
    I just checked my Courage book of VFL finals. According to that it's 2 all. They beat us in '44 (thrashed us) and '51 (after we lead at the first 3 breaks) and we beat them in '53 (Henderson keeps Coleman to just the 1 goal) and today. I think we should include 1924 to put us ahead of the ledger. I think that we beat Essendon A in the VFA years too. We should include that just to annoy them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A list of AFL players who have won a final in the last 6204* days after previously being with Essendon.
    Orazio Fantasia
    Gavin Wanganeen
    Damien Hardwick
    Ted Richards
    Michael Hibberd
    Adam McPhee
    Jake Carlisle
    Bachar Houli
    Josh Jenkins
    Jake Melksham
    Angus Monfries
    Paddy Ryder
    Kepler Bradley
    Joe Daniher

Post Thanks / Like

and over to bombers blitz forum for some light entertainment

"I was happier when we were tanking for draft picks back in May"

'That was much better than all those losing elimination finals (thrashings) played in Melbourne. So much easier watching on tv than actually being there."

"Sack Rutten"

"every excuse you want is available. Excuses are reasons to evade the truth.

"Footscray won because they went in harder for longer, they were cleaner with their use of the ball, they backed each other up more than we did, they were first to the ball, they outnumbered us at every contest."

Well said!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    A list of AFL players who have won a final in the last 6204* days after previously being with Essendon.
    Orazio Fantasia
    Gavin Wanganeen
    Damien Hardwick
    Ted Richards
    Michael Hibberd
    Adam McPhee
    Jake Carlisle
    Bachar Houli
    Josh Jenkins
    Jake Melksham
    Angus Monfries
    Paddy Ryder
    Kepler Bradley
    Joe Daniher
    Names there that have long been purged from my memory.

Also Hardwick was playing that recently? Or I guess it's not that recent which is the point.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanganeen, Hardwick, Richards and Houli have all won flags as well.

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They demanded two First Rounders/Top 10 Picks for Daniher, from Sydney. They rejected Pick 9 and a future pick, which ended up Pick 3.

They were dicks and a year later got Free agency compo of Pick 8.

Trade Week Winners……
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wanganeen, Hardwick, Richards and Houli have all won flags as well.
    Do we have any former Dogs around that have won premierships? I don't think there are any post 2016. I guess Lake is the main one pre-2016 but aside from him?

Post Thanks / Like

Dahlhaus, Reid and Ward have all played in grand finals but I can't think of any that have won one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Do we have any former Dogs around that have won premierships? I don't think there are any post 2016. I guess Lake is the main one pre-2016 but aside from him?
    Dahlhaus, Reid and Ward have all played in grand finals but I can't think of any that have won one.
    The only ones I can think of apart from Lake were Montgomery and Mahoney in 2004 at Port Adelaide

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Hill had already retired by 2018 hadn't he? I think he played in the 2015 loss but not the 2018 win.

And Farren Ray played in the Saints GFs.

Post Thanks / Like

Facts To Casually Boast About:

1. We are finished 5th of the ladder, down on percentage only
    2. We finished 15-7
    3. We are 132.8% - seven points off the best percentage
    4. We have THE second best points for (the second best attack)
    5. We have the fourth best points against (the fourth best defence)
    6. We had the best start since 1946. We have equaled our best ever start after 10 Rounds, 9-1, in 1946
    7. We had the second best start to a season ever
    8. We beat five finalists from last year (WCE x 2, Coll, Bris x 2, Port x 2, Saints)
    9. We best three recent Grand Finalists (WCE, Coll, GWS), Two of the Preliminary Finalists Last Year (Bris, Port)
    10. We beat North by the highest margin ever - The clubs highest ever winning margin against all VFL/AFL Teams
    11. We beat Saints by the highest margin ever - The clubs third highest ever winning margin against all VFL/AFL Teams
    12. First time we’ve won by 100+ twice in a season
    13. We have the highest score this season (167 points, North)
    14. We have the fourth lowest score conceded this season (33 points, Saints - 31, 26 & 22 the better lower scores)
    15. We have the full forward with the most goals in a game (Bruce with 10, the first bag of 10 since 1987)
    16. Our two KPFs have kicked 82 goals by R. 20 (19 Games). Bruce 4th & Naughton 9th (1.5 games missed with concussion) in the Coleman
    17. Our recent trades are transformational (Bookends Bruce (see above), Keath (Best KPD) & Martin ruck, Sweet Development
    18. Treloar is a revelation (1/3 salary paid by Collingwood for 5 years - looks like Pick High 30’s or Low 40’s this year as the cost)
    19. Jamarra (Pick 1) & Schache (Pick 2) have been kicking bags in the VFL. Bedendo with 12 Goals in VFL Games also
    20. Our depth is the best of any club (Winning without English, Wood, McLean, Dunkley, VDM, Martin, Gardner, Lipinski & Jamarra)
    21. We still have a first rounder and apparently some salary cap room
    22. We are showing AFEL & Ch7 why they are right to give us TV games. Allocated club record 8 Friday Nights (7 Played) (Inc. Good Friday)
    23. We have good players out, returning in a month or less: Keath & Weightman
    24. We’ve debuted Treloar, Martin, Hannan, Scott, McNeil, Sweet, Khamis, Garcia, Jamarra (9). Only Bedendo yet to club debut
    25. We’ve played every player this year, except Bedendo & Hayes
    26. We’ve won on the fast track of Docklands, wind of Ballarat, cold of Canberra & Tassie, Gold Coast & Brisbane, Adelaide Oval.
    27. We’ve won at Perth twice in three weeks
    28. We’ve moved players around (Dale back who has still kicked 9.0 & 8 GA, Schache back, English, JJ & Hunter more forward)
    29. We have mids hitting the scoreboard regularly (Bonts, Treloar, Libba, Dunkley etc.)
    30. Macrae broke the all-time record for starting a season 30+ touches (15 Games) & #1 for Disposals Comp wide
    31. Libba broke the all-time record for 12+ Clearances in a row (14 Games)
    32. Weightman looks every bit the DEAD SET GUN, and is the Round 10 Rising Star Nominee. GOTY & MOTY nominations
    33. We debuted Jamarra, and kicked 3.0 in an 11 Point Win in his second game. Kicked the clutch winner vs Melbourne
    34. Sweet, in game four, just received his first 2 Coaches Votes (vs Saints/Ryder)
    35. Our Captain and Best Player signed a Four Year Extension. Libba, Weightman, Richards, Duryea, Garcia, McNeil, Scott, Butler & Gardner signing too
    36. We have the rights on a Top 3 player and best KPP at this draft, Sam Darcy, our first unbroken 3 generation dynasty: David, Luke & Sam
    37. Footscray VFL is undefeated, on top of the VFL ladder with 169%
    38. For only the Third time in FFC/WBFC history, this year our side to achieved Top of Ladder from Round 16 onwards
    39. ^^ 1992 We did it in One Round. 1998 we did it in Three Rounds.
    40. We equaled the 3 Rounds record in 2021
    41. We still have improvement in our game and in individual players, and pressure for spots as injuries clear up
    42. We will be playing finals, most likely from the Top 4 in Melbourne (COVID permitting)
    43. Our losses were against top 8 sides, and all under 5 Goals: Tigers 22, Dees 28, Cats 5, Swans 19
    44. Marra, a year early, just signed on for two more years. So this year and three more!!
    45. Despite the AFEL & Health Authorities we just won in Tassie, Brisbane, Adelaide & playing in Perth
    46. We set a new record for highest winning margin in a final, 71 points
    47. Bontempelli, Macrae & Dale make The All Australian Squad
    48. Bonts finished second in the Brownlow with a whopping 33 Votes
    49. We are in our Second Grand Final in 6 Years!!!!!
    50. Since 2014, only 4 clubs have made multiple GFs: Bulldogs, Hawks, Richmond & WCE
    51. Macrae over the first three finals is averaging a World Record 37 Disposals
    52. We broke even in the last three quarters vs Melbourne and beat them the second time
    53. Now is the time to be happy and enjoy being a bulldogs supporter/member. If you can’t enjoy it now, you never will!!
    54. ... It’s amazingly fun to be us!
    55. What a ride 2021 Western Bulldogs has been
    56. But it’s not over. MacPherson & Raak may be coming. Sam Darcy IS coming.
    57. Let’s hope for a great trade period shortly. To add 58, 59 & 60.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 22-09-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonight makes it a finals win in every state for (our mastermind) Bevo. Has any other club won finals in Victoria, NSW, SA, Qld, WA and Tasmania?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Tonight makes it a finals win in every state for (our mastermind) Bevo. Has any other club won finals in Victoria, NSW, SA, Qld, WA and Tasmania?
    Unlikely the only other side is GWS to win a final in Tas? They beat the Lions in QLD, Swans is NSW don't think they've got SA or WA.

Post Thanks / Like

Just look at the records we’ve set so far:

6. We had the best start since 1946. We have equaled our best ever start after 10 Rounds, 9-1, in 1946
    7. We had the second best start to a season ever

10. We beat North by the highest margin ever - The clubs highest ever winning margin against all VFL/AFL Teams
    11. We beat Saints by the highest margin ever - The clubs third highest ever winning margin against all VFL/AFL Teams
    12. First time we’ve won by 100+ twice in a season

15. We have the full forward with the most goals in a game (Bruce with 10, the first bag of 10 since 1987)

22. We are showing AFEL & Ch7 why they are right to give us TV games. Allocated club record 8 Friday Nights (7 Played) (Inc. Good Friday)

30. Macrae broke the all-time record for starting a season 30+ touches (15 Games) & #1 for Disposals Comp wide
    31. Libba broke the all-time record for 12+ Clearances in a row (14 Games)

38. For only the Third time in FFC/WBFC history, this year our side to achieved Top of Ladder from Round 16 onwards
    39. ^^ 1992 We did it in One Round. 1998 we did it in Three Rounds.
    40. We equaled the 3 Rounds record in 2021

46. We set a new record for highest winning margin in a final, 71 points

49. We are in our Second Grand Final in 6 Years (the quickest return in club history)

Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

You can add 7.2.44 was the best first qtr by a visiting team at Adelaide Oval ever.

20. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post