Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  200
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The casual boast thread

We have the shortest premiership 'drought' in the league....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah suck that up Hawks
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah suck that up Hawks
    I can barely remember the hawks winning their last flag....must have been a while ago. I remember we belted them in a semi final though...on their deck.

5. Likes 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The apple of my eye.... Of Zaine's career games, 37% of them are winning finals.

Killed McGovern. Nullified Gibson. Two key goals against GWS. First goal and good presence physically in the Premiership.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe JJ is the first Norm Smith Medalist that:
    a) Started on the rookie list; and
    b) Was born overseas

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The apple of my eye.... Of Zaine's career games, 37% of them are winning finals.

Killed McGovern. Nullified Gibson. Two key goals against GWS. First goal and good presence physically in the Premiership.
    And you want to give your boy the boot for Cloke!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Boyd averages 3 times as many goals in Grand Finals as Nick Riewoldt.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    And you want to give your boy the boot for Cloke!!!!
    Not quite - My boy has the potential to be the best attacking defender on our list. He's tall and got great reach, hits & tackles hard and as a junior was a good interceptor and brilliant rebounding player, as well as nullifying his opponent. I have no doubt he can produce that at AFL level and be the prototype defender going ahead. So he's still best 22 going ahead, but as a defender. The bonus is he's shown he can be a genuine swing man.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite - My boy has the potential to be the best attacking defender on our list. He's tall and got great reach, hits & tackles hard and as a junior was a good interceptor and brilliant rebounding player, as well as nullifying his opponent. I have no doubt he can produce that at AFL level and be the prototype defender going ahead. So he's still best 22 going ahead, but as a defender. The bonus is he's shown he can be a genuine swing man.
    Shows a fair bit of mental strength to be thrown into an unusual role and hold it down in a premiership run. He was also forced to ruck against Mummy at times.

Zaine is a beast.

14. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaine will replace Morris after next season. If he is good enough he plays games next year. He can play tall or medium and will continue to develop his game.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Shows a fair bit of mental strength to be thrown into an unusual role and hold it down in a premiership run. He was also forced to ruck against Mummy at times.

Zaine is a beast.
    I'm still waiting to hear if he is facing an attempted murder charge on Callan Ward from two weeks ago. Despite a slender frame, his attack on the contest is always top notch.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting to hear if he is facing an attempted murder charge on Callan Ward from two weeks ago. Despite a slender frame, his attack on the contest is always top notch.
    Watch the first quarter highlights of the GF again, two absolutely crunching tackles by Zaine (the second one gets him his shot on goal which he nails from the boundary line).

He has a real dose of bastard which is a great trait to have on field. Will be a gun.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes bulldogtragic, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The knee that shocked a nation.

20. Likes bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Watch the first quarter highlights of the GF again, two absolutely crunching tackles by Zaine (the second one gets him his shot on goal which he nails from the boundary line).

He has a real dose of bastard which is a great trait to have on field. Will be a gun.
    The second one got the free and goal, but the first one I loved. Hannebery I think it was who is a hard bastard, and not easy to bring down. I'm biased, but those huge tackles helped set the tone in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

We...we won the premiership. We bloody won it!!! Someone pinch me!

Wewon.jpg

23. Likes Eastdog liked this post