Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst Grand Final Players Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I wonder if Mark LeCras will pull the pin now they have won the GF.
    I cat recall LeCras touching the ball. Maybe a hand pass or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I wonder if Mark LeCras will pull the pin now they have won the GF.
    2015: 16 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal/s
    2018: 10 disposals, 3 marks, 0 goal/s

That's not a wonderful GF record.

Compared to the Hall of Famers:

Marc LeCras - Played 2, Lost 1/Won 1 - Total Disposals 26, 7 marks, scored 1.2 (average 13 disposals, 3.5 marks, .5 goals, 1 behind)

Gary Rohan - Played 2, Lost 2 - Total 12 disposals, 5 marks & scored 1.1 (average 6 disposals, 2.5 marks & .5 goals, .5 behinds.

Leon Davis - Played 4, Lost 3 & Drawn 1 - Total 36 disposals, 6 marks & scored 2.1 (average 9 disposals, 1.5 marks, .5 goals, .25 behinds.

Kurt Tippett (In the context of being a Million Dollar KPF/Ruck player) - Played 2, Lost 2 - Total 26 disposals, 8 marks & scored 1.2 (average 13 disposals, 4 marks & .5 goals, 1 behind)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

LeCras had 10 disposals? Did they count the warm up?
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Really??? 10 wow. Thought he might have got a couple but 10. Surely not.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Varcoe did his usual , great for 30 minutes then nothing.
    I think he has nailed that game time over the years.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I think so, I checked two sites to confirm it. Unless merely touching it counts as some sort of disposal now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So did he, nearly dropped the premiership on the goal line uncontested. My goodness that's about as big mistake as I've ever seen on a GF day.

Ok, worst 7 of 8 quarters in Grand Finals easily. Pretty close to making the team though, 2015: 10 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal with 2018: 12 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal. Not a great return for a big, well paid KPF.
    Darling could of had a Liam Picken style photo on high rotation but he stuffed it big time.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

8. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Darling could of had a Liam Picken style photo on high rotation but he stuffed it big time.
    Yep. And he hasn't shit himself that badly in a final since a baby faced first year Josh Dunkley was in his vacinity in 2016.

He could take a 100% pay cut, give equally to the other 21 players, and still not sacrifice enough to them for saving that premiership for him. If that was the Western Bulldogs and not West Coast Eagles, (less 2016), the ball would've rebounded for a quick heart breaker.

Post Thanks / Like

I was already commentating....."its over, the dam wall has br..." - then he fluffed it

Post Thanks / Like

Instead he nearly had a Herschelle Gibbs moment. Luckily for him the Pies didn’t go coast to coast from the resultant kick in.

Post Thanks / Like

Darling's 3rd qtr was Tom Boyd-esque. He got them back in it, and they might not have had the chance to win without it.

Was a terrible missed mark in the last minute. He had a real liicorice allsorts game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Thought James Aish Was woeful .

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few interesting performances.

Darling and Mason Cox were both atrocious early but really got into the game in the 3rd quarter. Darling's third quarter was as good as any quarter he has probably played.

Liam Ryan had a moment in the third like Darling's Dunkley moment from 2016 and then had 2 chances to nail a goal for 2 posters.

Darling's last quarter drop was awful. The ball looked to be going straight through without him touching it if he had just let it go.
    Not sure he would ever have come back if Collingwood had rebounded the kick in for the winner.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Darling's last quarter drop was awful. The ball looked to be going straight through without him touching it if he had just let it go.
    Not sure he would ever have come back if Collingwood had rebounded the kick in for the winner.
    He would have been the most relieved man in the world when the siren went. I can't remember a player with such a big gap between his best and worst moments.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I said to my son just after Darling dropped that mark "imagine if Collingwood Coast this?" You'd just about top yourself if you were Darling. I mean we all like to hang it on him for the way he shat himself in that 2016 final (and a few other moments) but there would have been no coming back from that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite