Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst Grand Final Players Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I said to my son just after Darling dropped that mark "imagine if Collingwood Coast this?" You'd just about top yourself if you were Darling. I mean we all like to hang it on him for the way he shat himself in that 2016 final (and a few other moments) but there would have been no coming back from that.
    I thought Liam Ryan's effort to mark the ball in the 3rd quarter was weak as p. It looked like a certain shot on goal but he heard foot steps.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Liam Ryan's effort to mark the ball in the 3rd quarter was weak as p. It looked like a certain shot on goal but he heard foot steps.

He hit back with a couple of big moments in the last quarter though. I thought Jarrah getting across to him at 3/4 time and putting his arm around him was what a really good teammate does.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He hit back with a couple of big moments in the last quarter though. I thought Jarrah getting across to him at 3/4 time and putting his arm around him was what a really good teammate does.
    I assume you mean Jetta, but i thought that was quite odd considering Jetta has heard his fair share of footsteps throughout his career.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I assume you mean Jetta, but i thought that was quite odd considering Jetta has heard his fair share of footsteps throughout his career.
    Who better to counsel than one who can relate?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You are correct. I may have been making myself a frothy milk drink when I was posting that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With Rohan's stinker I thought it'd be interesting to see who the worst performed Grand Final players are. I've got three serious contenders so far:

Gary Rohan - Played 2, Lost 2 - Total 12 disposals, 5 marks & scored 1.1 (average 6 disposals, 2.5 marks & .5 goals, .5 behinds.

Leon Davis - Played 4, Lost 3 & Drawn 1 - Total 36 disposals, 6 marks & scored 2.1 (average 9 disposals, 1.5 marks, .5 goals, .25 behinds.

Kurt Tippett (In the context of being a Million Dollar KPF/Ruck player) - Played 2, Lost 2 - Total 26 disposals, 8 marks & scored 1.2 (average 13 disposals, 4 marks & .5 goals, 1 behind)
    It’s not a Grand Final, but Rohan with three touches (33% eff.) to 3/4 time in a QF (71 minutes played). I can’t recall the enormous gap between H&A and finals for a player since Neon Leon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s not a Grand Final, but Rohan with three touches (33% eff.) to 3/4 time in a QF (71 minutes played). I can’t recall the enormous gap between H&A and finals for a player since Neon Leon.
    He has had a very poor second half of the season
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He has had a very poor second half of the season
    See - I think the opposite. The only time he looked like a player was when he was playing out of the goalsquare at the start of this season. At Sydney and since his return from injury this year he has been a promise of much (speed, skilled - he must look amazing at training) but a deliverer of very little. I don’t think Geelong should play him.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.