Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2018 agm

Post Thanks / Like

2018 agm

Croft, Nolan re-elected to Board

Western Bulldogs directors Matthew Croft and Chris Nolan have been overwhelmingly endorsed for further three year terms following an election at the Club’s Annual General Meeting on Tuesday.

Nolan, the current Chief Operating Officer of Publicis Media was first appointed to the Board in March 2014.

Croft, the Manager – Customer Development for Geomatic Technologies, and was appointed in July 2016, also having had a 186-game playing career for Club between 1991 and 2004.

In other announcements, Western Bulldogs Captain Easton Wood has been recognised with life membership, honoured for 10 years’ service to the club.

In 2016, Wood led the Bulldogs to their first premiership in 62 years, stepping into the captaincy role in place of the injured Robert Murphy. He was named captain for the 2018 season, following Murphy’s retirement.

Also honoured was former Club CEO Gary Kent, who was rewarded for his seven-year-stint as both a director and administrator. As CEO, Kent oversaw a number of milestones, including a period of record membership, revenue, attendances, television exposure, profit, and the virtual eradication of Club debt.

Kent retired in December 2017.

Former club Statisticians Kevin Atkinson and Wayne Connor were also honoured with life memberships for their service to Bulldogs along with Recruiting Manager Simon Dalrymple who was a recipient of life membership for his 10 years’ service to the Club.

Western Bulldogs president Peter Gordon presented a President’s Award to filmmaker Adrian Brown for his work on The Ride and Outsiders, as well as Victoria University’s Ros Casey and long-time supporters and volunteers Nick Tassos, Scharlaine Cairns.

Life Membership President's Award
    Gary Kent Ros Casey
    Kevin Atkinson Scharlaine Cairns
    Easton Wood Adrian Brown
    Simon Dalrymple Nick Tassos
    Wayne Connor
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 agm

My (long deceased) Uncle Keith W Anderson is a "life member" of the Dogs. He was a Footscray Councilor / Mayor for many years, while working at Orica. Also was on the board of Footscray for many years, n the 60's I think

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I attended the meeting and whilst there was a large amount of discussion on pokies and constitutional changes there were a number of things that I thought were of particular note:

- Bob Murphy has accepted a role within the club though its nature was not disclosed;
    - the club seems still a long way off from reaching an agreement with the AFL re Etihad and is not happy with the AFL current offer;
    - Ballarat produced revenue of $1.5m for the club last year;
    - the constitutional changes were passed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleased to hear Kevin Atkinson received a life membership. A terrific Bulldogs man.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers PI. Nice short summary of the night.

Where in the Whitten Oval do they hold the AGM? I think it's held at the Barkers cafe.

Great to hear Bob will have a role at the club in some sort of capacity.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Cheers PI. Nice short summary of the night.

Where in the Whitten Oval do they hold the AGM? I think it's held at the Barkers cafe.

Great to hear Bob will have a role at the club in some sort of capacity.
    Yes, they hold it in the cafe area. They used to conduct it in the players' indoor training area but it always happened to be on a 40 degree day and be stifling.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I note that Bob Murphy has been appointed as a director on our Community Foundation Board. Not sure if this or something additional was the role that was referred to at the meeting.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/fo...undation-board

I should also add that at the meeting it was announced that the CEO of Vic Health, Jerril Rechter, had been appointed to the club's main board.

11. Thanks Eastdog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post