Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  39
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 Cash Converters - Recycling Pre-Loved Players

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    North have delisted Joel Tippett and Brad McKenzie. Any interest in Tippett for key defender depth, perhaps as a rookie?
    Really surprised they delisted McKenzie. Kicks the ball really well from the times i have seen him and can see some value there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    God no.

He's a limited and mediocre small forward with a complete inability to play anywhere else and an overinflated opinion of himself. If he was given a spot on our list ahead of anyone else currently on it I would be incredibly disappointed.
    Perfect fit for The Filth.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex Silvani has been delisted by Freo. As a backup for our backline I would be interested. Even as a mature rookie.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Alex Silvani has been delisted by Freo. As a backup for our backline I would be interested. Even as a mature rookie.
    That's surprising that Hamling comes in and Silvagni goes out. I thought he was in favor but have not been following him. What are his deficiencies?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Exactly. I have no issues with debating the merits of any candidates but a blanket no seems counter productive.
    who said a "blanket no"?

my point was not taking in rejects from bottom feeding clubs.

I'm fine with trading in players from other clubs in the right circumstances. Getting players from strong clubs who fit a need and aren't getting a game and come cheap like Biggs and Hamling is fine if we can identify them. But the trading period is now over.

In our present situation however I think the draft is the best way to go. I'm sure we can pick up a decent young ruck prospect or a key defender in this draft.

which ruckman or any other player would you pick up as a DFA?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    who said a "blanket no"?

my point was not taking in rejects from bottom feeding clubs.
    It doesn't matter what position a club is in if a player that could potentially fill in a need for us.

I'm fine with trading in players from other clubs in the right circumstances. Getting players from strong clubs who fit a need and aren't getting a game and come cheap like Biggs and Hamling is fine if we can identify them. But the trading period is now over.
    Hamling was a DFA, the Cats wanted to rookie him but we offered a senior spot and he took it.
    Biggs was stuck at the Swans who didn't have a senior list spot for him because the had commitments to Academy players. Rather than just delist him they offered a cheap as chips trade.

I don't think it makes much difference if the clubs they are coming from are strong if you've done your homework. We've certainly traded for some Geelong boys over the years who didn't measure up.'

In our present situation however I think the draft is the best way to go. I'm sure we can pick up a decent young ruck prospect or a key defender in this draft.

which ruckman or any other player would you pick up as a DFA?
    We will use at least 2 picks on the players we regard as the best available and I don't believe we will reach for a player just because he might fill a need. At pick 18 we will most likely land a player that we rate in the 10 to 16 bracket. At pick 26 it will most likely be a player we rate somewhere between 14 and 23.
    At pick 50 it could easily be a needs based player but if there was someone still there that we rated in the top 30 then I wouldn't be sure we should pass on them.

To me the draft is for getting most talented players regardless of the positions they play and I think this has been the clubs approach for a number of years. The trade period and now the DFA option is the time where you address the needs of the playing list. For some reason we don't look like utilising these options.

We have two gaps in our list around support in the ruck and looking to find a key defender even if it's for a short term.
    I'm not sure if Richards potentially fills the option of a key defender but I think he could be a decent option and certainly I believe he is worthy of consideration. We didn't utilise the trade period to chase a potential support ruckman and I think this leaves us unnecessarily exposed and I don't believe there is an ideal fix still available via a DFA.

The players that we could draft and come in and play some senior football are more likely to be midfielders which we aren't too bad for depth wise. If we draft a ruckman, it's unlikely that they could offer much in their first season.

It's great that we have a strong list but I still think we could make it a bit stronger if we cover even one of the gaps.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Richards delisted, the swans must be really unhappy with his contract rejection. surely essendon has a spot for him ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Richards delisted, the swans must be really unhappy with his contract rejection. surely essendon has a spot for him ?
    I think he can pick his own home now as a DFA. Whoever wants him can grab him now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Well that was a stuff up by him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not necessarily. If he had a club in mind, and that club wanted him too, then they just got their wish without an actual trade occurring. I can't imagine he won't end up at a Victorian club that he's happy enough to be at. Frankly, between he and Prudden I'd rather have him on the primary list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was offered a 2 year deal to stay in Sydney but has knocked it back. Hopefully his manager has a team in lined up.
    He's been squeezed out by the Swans struggling with their salary cap.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He was offered a 2 year deal to stay in Sydney but has knocked it back. Hopefully his manager has a team in lined up.
    Anyone know a team who lost a lightly framed KPP, is the premier, has a blockbuster game and huge amount of prime time games? They might have a good chat with him as a delistee free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless of course as BT says he has another offer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Strange with Richards - it was reported only yesterday that he was likely to re-sign with the Swans.

So there are a few confirmed delisted free agents and some others out of contract that could find themselves delisted in the next few days that we could possibly look at for KPD depth. Off the top of my head:

Xavier Richards
    Alex Silvagni
    Joel Tippett
    Mitch Brown (not confirmed)
    Cam O'Shea (not confirmed)

Any others?

Post Thanks / Like

Xav Richards is the best fit for us I reckon.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.