Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

The Year that was

Watch here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Year that was

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Watch here
    Thank you BAD, hair on the back of my neck still stands up.

Cometti's commentary at the final siren is very lacklustre and ordinary, I would have thought he would have given more being a Dog's man.
    He might have been in shock like the rest of us though.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Thank you BAD, hair on the back of my neck still stands up.

Cometti's commentary at the final siren is very lacklustre and ordinary, I would have thought he would have given more being a Dog's man.
    He might have been in shock like the rest of us though.

You would have thought it's the last time anybody will ever hear from you commentating and it's "your" old team winning an impossibly romantic premiership that you'd put a bit of colour into it.

Then again as you say maybe he was a bit speechless like the rest of us. I know I would have been no good commentating the moment. At that exact time I could only mumble the word *!*!*!*! over and over again and I don't think that's what c7 would have been looking for.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You would have thought it's the last time anybody will ever hear from you commentating and it's "your" old team winning an impossibly romantic premiership that you'd put a bit of colour into it.

Then again as you say maybe he was a bit speechless like the rest of us. I know I would have been no good commentating the moment. At that exact time I could only mumble the word *!*!*!*! over and over again and I don't think that's what c7 would have been looking for.
    Probably wasn't what Triple M were looking for, but it didn't stop BT! That was a brilliant moment. I've watched the GF *several* times, and Commetti and Bruuuce's call was terrible.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

In fairness to Dennis , MMM tried to throw to Darce to call the last 10 seconds and he couldn't do it. He was overcome.

It was Dennis' last game and he would have been extraordinarily emotional. Won't hold it against him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    In fairness to Dennis , MMM tried to throw to Darce to call the last 10 seconds and he couldn't do it. He was overcome.

It was Dennis' last game and he would have been extraordinarily emotional. Won't hold it against him.
    What a way for Den to go out, Bulldogs Premiership. A team he has had more than a little bit to do with over his career.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

It was great hearing Darcy trying to speak in those last moments. He just couldn't do it.