Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Nah...I'd rather roll them down my throat.

I was thinking the cheap and nasty brand from the supermarket.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I'm thinking the nickname 'Jaffas' is more appropriate than ever for GWS -- 'hard' on the outside, but surprisingly brittle and melted like chocolate under our pressure!
    Love this, so apt. And their horrible orange outfits including those hideous socks match too. Only pity is I am a bit partial to a Jaffa yet despise the plastics. GWS and the Geelong games are the ones I am most eagerly anticipating in '17.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was thinking the cheap and nasty brand from the supermarket.
    They use to roll beautifully down the wooden floors at the Sunshine Cinema back in the 60s ( long gone old theatre)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They use to roll beautifully down the wooden floors at the Sunshine Cinema back in the 60s ( long gone old theatre)
    And the Grand in Footscray. First place I ever saw a film. Oliver Twist.

Post Thanks / Like

And the Grand in Footscray. First place I ever saw a film. Oliver Twist.
    One of early memories at the Sun Theatre at Yarraville was going with my dad to watch "The Absent minded Professor". That was the initial film when he discovered flubber.

Post Thanks / Like

We should roll jaffas down the aisle in Round 6.
    Take a leaf from Melbourne City?

7. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of early memories at the Sun Theatre at Yarraville was going with my dad to watch "The Absent minded Professor". That was the initial film when he discovered flubber.
    With Jerry Lewis? I take my kids to the Sun, we can walk there from Nanna and poppas house. It's nice being able to go to the Grand again even if it is just a .screen inside the Sun complex.

Post Thanks / Like

With Jerry Lewis? I take my kids to the Sun, we can walk there from Nanna and poppas house. It's nice being able to go to the Grand again even if it is just a .screen inside the Sun complex.
    No with Fred Mcmurray of My 3 Sons fame.

Post Thanks / Like

No with Fred Mcmurray of My 3 Sons fame.

There was a show on 3RRR in the 80s that used the My Three Sons theme. I don't think it was called MTS though.

Post Thanks / Like

Nutty Professor

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Nutty Professor
    Hence the confusion.

Fred McMurray has been everywhere lately. I saw The Caine Mutiny and Double Indemnity over Christmas and Fred McM played bad guys in both. Jose Ferrer exposes him and then throws a drink in his face in TCM and George Raft brings him down in DI.

Do you remember the RRR show called My Three Sons from back in the '80s? They used to have some very funny comedians on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hence the confusion.

Fred McMurray has been everywhere lately. I saw The Caine Mutiny and Double Indemnity over Christmas and Fred McM played bad guys in both. Jose Ferrer exposes him and then throws a drink in his face in TCM and George Raft brings him down in DI.

Do you remember the RRR show called My Three Sons from back in the '80s? They used to have some very funny comedians on.
    It rings a bell. Your memory is pretty good.

Found this:

3RRR -MY THREE SONS - a late night comedy show without many rules. The first time I heard people being themselves, without the so called ‘radio' voice, on air and making radio fun.

Post Thanks / Like

It rings a bell. Your memory is pretty good.

Found this:

It was a good show. From memory it was late Thursday night after Son of Crawdaddy and Australian music then there was something for a half hour but I can't remember what then MTS. The half hour show was a weird one, even by RRR standards. Was it about prostitutes or witches or wife swapping or something like that?