Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Jeez, impossible to read that and not want to re-watch our entire final series...again.
    Good idea. I don't mind if I do.

It's hard to imagine Leon Cameron being that stressed and spooked by booing that he would take time out from preparing for the most important game of his life immediately before the game to discuss it with an AFL official. He played with Libba for heavens sake back in the day when Tony had half the crowd wanting to jump the fence and take a pop at him so the booing got a bit loud whenever he got the ball at places like Princes Park and Kardinia Park and Moorabbin.

Unless he picked some bad habits up from his time playing for Richmond. Speaking of Cameron's time at Richmond. Did we pick Robert Murphy with the pick we got from Richmond for Leon Cameron? And Ryan Hargrave I think. It was pick 37 and 66 from memory. Maybe it was Mitch Hahn and Ryan Hargrave?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Jeez, impossible to read that and not want to re-watch our entire final series...again.
    That is what I have been doing the pass few nights. Its interesting watching the players and listening to commentary,knowing now that we have won the flag
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great read that was. I hope to catch up soon on all the articles posted on the Dogs Day board.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Can barely write this thru tears of joy. How I'd love to relive those four games live again....will have to be satisfied with the second best option and watch the 4 replays instead!
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Can barely write this thru tears of joy. How I'd love to relive those four games live again....will have to be satisfied with the second best option and watch the 4 replays instead!
    Jeez I've watched the replays a lot. In a lot of ways, the WCE game is the most inspiring. We went into that game with questionable form and massive outsiders, but the way we hit those contests was ferocious. We blew the Eagles away.

As great as the other games were, they were vindications of what we showed that day - the first final was the one that changed everything. The post match celebration was probably the most passionate too. Even thinking about it gets the adrenalin going.

6. Likes Eastdog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Jeez I've watched the replays a lot. In a lot of ways, the WCE game is the most inspiring. We went into that game with questionable form and massive outsiders, but the way we hit those contests was ferocious. We blew the Eagles away.

As great as the other games were, they were vindications of what we showed that day - the first final was the one that changed everything. The post match celebration was probably the most passionate too. Even thinking about it gets the adrenalin going.
    We really weren't meant to win that game and by doing so it's almost like we overthrew fate in a way. All the things we couldn't do and all the failures of the past just stopped applying to this team.

It's like a fantasy game where a character who died and came back to life is the only one who can prevent a catastrophic event (in this case it would be a GWS premiership) because the they're released from the bonds of fate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good idea. I don't mind if I do.

It's hard to imagine Leon Cameron being that stressed and spooked by booing that he would take time out from preparing for the most important game of his life immediately before the game to discuss it with an AFL official. He played with Libba for heavens sake back in the day when Tony had half the crowd wanting to jump the fence and take a pop at him so the booing got a bit loud whenever he got the ball at places like Princes Park and Kardinia Park and Moorabbin.

Unless he picked some bad habits up from his time playing for Richmond. Speaking of Cameron's time at Richmond. Did we pick Robert Murphy with the pick we got from Richmond for Leon Cameron? And Ryan Hargrave I think. It was pick 37 and 66 from memory. Maybe it was Mitch Hahn and Ryan Hargrave?
    Yeah much as I like the idea of GWS complaining to Daddy I'm not sure it's true.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah Murphy was a top 10 pick
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We really weren't meant to win that game and by doing so it's almost like we overthrew fate in a way. All the things we couldn't do and all the failures of the past just stopped applying to this team.

It's like a fantasy game where a character who died and came back to life is the only one who can prevent a catastrophic event (in this case it would be a GWS premiership) because the they're released from the bonds of fate.
    Agreed we righted the wrong done to Bubba for his 300th
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

11. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nah Murphy was a top 10 pick
    Must have been Hahn and Hargrave then.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked Bob went at 13.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah much as I like the idea of GWS complaining to Daddy I'm not sure it's true.
    Was reported he complained to AFL Operations Manager - whatever that idiots name is.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked it up you are correct Td, picks 37 and 66.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

16. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Was reported he complained to AFL Operations Manager - whatever that idiots name is.
    The more I read this, the more I'm left thinking if we're all talking about the same Leon Cameron.

I can't help but feel that it was an off the cuff remark that has been twisted around, or that it never actually happened.

This isn't out of a desire to protect anyone from GWS, but I just can't see a person of Cameron's professionalism getting sidetracked by something like this.

18. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The more I read this, the more I'm left thinking if we're all talking about the same Leon Cameron.

I can't help but feel that it was an off the cuff remark that has been twisted around, or that it never actually happened.

This isn't out of a desire to protect anyone from GWS, but I just can't see a person of Cameron's professionalism getting sidetracked by something like this.
    His coaching tells it all - teaching GWS players to be snipers.