Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TheRoar - The Exorcists: How the Western Bulldogs captured a nation's adoration after years of disappointment.

it is wonderful
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TheRoar - The Exorcists: How the Western Bulldogs captured a nation's adoration after years of disappointment.

Wow. Just wow. That really captures it all.

Thank you so much for sharing Choco!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Just what i needed this afternoon to cheer me up - thanks Choco (he says with tears of pride in his eyes).
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Great read, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article but I have two minor criticisms;
    - "no umpiring decision to blame for our prelim final losses". Really? 2009 and Shane McInerney spring to mind in a game that was on a knife's edge for four quarters.
    - the writer paints the Tom Boyd trade as a negative at the time. My view is that Bulldogs supporters saw it as a beacon of hope....a bold decision that showed we weren't willing to just roll over. In my mind it was a move that may have actually saved the club. That may sound melodramatic but the club was really vulnerable at the time.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

6. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Great article but I have two minor criticisms;
    - "no umpiring decision to blame for our prelim final losses". Really? 2009 and Shane McInerney spring to mind in a game that was on a knife's edge for four quarters.
    - the writer paints the Tom Boyd trade as a negative at the time. My view is that Bulldogs supporters saw it as a beacon of hope....a bold decision that showed we weren't willing to just roll over. In my mind it was a move that may have actually saved the club. That may sound melodramatic but the club was really vulnerable at the time.
    Agree with your comments re Tom Boyd. Still remember how shattered I was when I read Grif was walking out on the club. Then Macca, Coons, Shiggy, maybe Minson, maybe Dahlhaus etc. Then we signed Tom Boyd - the Messiah. And the hope was back. I remember saying at the time that Tom would help us win a flag within 5 years - only out by 3!!!

Great article otherwise, but I go back further - back to the late 70s and early 80s when we were a laughing stock - I copped so much grief at school for being a Footscray supporter (I am sure like many others on here). Then the family would head off to the footy on a Saturday, and some years if we got within 5 goals in a game it felt like a win.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks choc. Will have to get around reading this soon. From what woofers have said it sounds like another great article.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"