Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Half Way Through The Trade Period - Where Are We Headed?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Only that he may attract interest and it is the silly season. Strange things happen this time of the year.
    Hopefully nothing too out of the ordinary for us especially as we are all on a high now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up Honeychurch? He is contracted and there has been no indication he wants to leave or be traded.
    Would still rather we hang on to Mitch. We haven't seen enough of him at AFL level yet. Someone like Declan Hamilton we could offer up for trade but we wouldn't be getting anything significant in return.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hearing a whisper that Essendon are chasing Josh Kelly who is apparently getable & we are sniffing around to. Then heard 'the bont' & Kelly are on holidays together or in the same place as there has been posted photos of them together in Italy. Would be doing cartwheels if we could pull this off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Hearing a whisper that Essendon are chasing Josh Kelly who is apparently getable & we are sniffing around to. Then heard 'the bont' & Kelly are on holidays together or in the same place as there has been posted photos of them together in Italy. Would be doing cartwheels if we could pull this off.
    He's a star, I rate him far more highly than Prestia, Mitchell and even O'Meara with his injuries. I've got no idea how we'd get the deal done.

I'd be tempted to offer similar to what Collingwood did with Treloar. Pick 18 isn't prime real estate

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Get it done Bont!

Maybe i'm reading too much into it but is the bont indicating in that photo that we're going back to back or Kelly a former pick 2 is coming to Whitten Oval? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Posted this in another thread, the boys are in Italy together seemingly having one hell of a time. Bonts, Boyd & Kelly are easily the best three players from their draft, having them together would be awesome.

GWS are looking at trading with Carlton; Marchbank, Pickett &/or Stewart. --- Hrovat is happy to go to Carlton for the best offer for the club. I'm thinking a mega trade that delivers GWS multiple first rounders that involves Carlton getting who they want and Kelly coming to us.

If we got 35 for Hamling, and then trading Stevens & 35 for St Kilda's 23. --- We send 18, 23 & Hrovat to Carlton. --- Carlton then have picks 5, 13 (Gibbs? & Lyons?), 18, 23, 25 & 45 at their discretion to facilitate Kelly, Marchbank & Pickett/Stewart being traded and then SOS getting their best return picks as well as having Hrovat.

Carlton don't want to give up pick 5. If we can get into that trade to give them trade currency and a player they are targeting, and put on the table a first rounder, a high second rounder and a first round drafted player (& a future pick if needed) that may see all three clubs getting a win.

Dogs: Give 18, 23 & Hrovat (& a future round pick possibly) - Get Kelly
    Blues: Give 13, 18, 25 - Get to keep pick 5, Get picks 23 & 37, Get Marchbank, Pickett, Lyons & Hrovat
    GWS: Give Kelly, Marchbank & Pickett and Pick 37 - Get 13, 18, 25 (on trade picks 13, 15, 18, 25 & 31 for more top 10 picks)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 17-10-2016 at 12:38 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I refuse to entertain the idea of Kelly coming to us, I'll only get let down. Rate him massively.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Sedat, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep Kelly is awesome. No idea how we would get him here though
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

GWS would piss themselves at that scenario. It's a good crack at it BT but all it shows me is just how far we away. Would need to send a best 22 player up there IMO.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

We obviously had money in our cap to offer Hurley a pretty substantial deal.

Our offer would have been atleast 550-600k I would assume?

With a few others since leaving we have cash to spend it seems. I still think something big is brewing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    GWS would piss themselves at that scenario. It's a good crack at it BT but all it shows me is just how far we away. Would need to send a best 22 player up there IMO.
    What are GWS looking for and do we have that player?

A lot of their players now are reaching 100 games plus, so I doubt they need established players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What are GWS looking for and do we have that player?

A lot of their players now are reaching 100 games plus, so I doubt they need established players.
    They're strong everywhere but my thoughts would be a player who works through the middle of the ground. We've got a few options but none I would be prepared to part with.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They're strong everywhere but my thoughts would be a player who works through the middle of the ground. We've got a few options but none I would be prepared to part with.
    Key defence is their only real area of weakness. Phil Davis is quality but Patfull was on his last legs in 2016 and has now retired. Not sure how good any of their ruck depth behind Mummy is either.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Its Lobb and that's about it. They don't need another big guy down back plus they've got Haynes at 6'4 who is a gun, Tomlinson too. They'd be after an industrious link player like Hunter I reckon.