Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Half Way Through The Trade Period - Where Are We Headed?

Fox Footy suggesting we are thinking about stepping in here:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/rich...831bdbd250ee7a

Post Thanks / Like

19 hours to go for the trade period, and still only 2 players 'officially' off our primary list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Delidio offers us run and precise kicking, both of which are vital to our game - we suffered this year when our good to elite kicks were out of the side and there was a period where Caleb Daniel was close to our most important player because he was one of the few who could take the ball through the middle of the ground and deliver it well.

In addition, we haven't won a game without Matty Boyd since Beveridge has become coach - he's only missed 5 so it's still a small sample size, but it does at least suggest a vulnerability down back when Boyd is out that Delidio should be well placed to cover, with the added bonus of being able to go forward as well as into the midfield mix.

Initially I didn't like the idea of spending our first pick on him, but we're so young already, the list can still be improved, we're a better team with Delidio in it, and maybe, just maybe, he could be a bit like a Burgoyne and be another player who ages well and stands up at key moments.
    Agreed. I was talking about key backs and rucks and how I thought outside run and good skills was more important and Deledio fits that bill perfectly. I would prefer someone who was 26 rather than 29 though.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Delidio offers us run and precise kicking, both of which are vital to our game - we suffered this year when our good to elite kicks were out of the side and there was a period where Caleb Daniel was close to our most important player because he was one of the few who could take the ball through the middle of the ground and deliver it well.

In addition, we haven't won a game without Matty Boyd since Beveridge has become coach - he's only missed 5 so it's still a small sample size, but it does at least suggest a vulnerability down back when Boyd is out that Delidio should be well placed to cover, with the added bonus of being able to go forward as well as into the midfield mix.

Initially I didn't like the idea of spending our first pick on him, but we're so young already, the list can still be improved, we're a better team with Delidio in it, and maybe, just maybe, he could be a bit like a Burgoyne and be another player who ages well and stands up at key moments.
    As the Premiership Team (geez that sounds great doesn't it ???) Our first pick is virtually a second rounder anyway ... Pick 18 ... Normally we have a top ten pick
    WOOF Member 422

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm against last gasp reach in the trade period to lock in another defender. We tried it last year with Lobe and it would have turned out awful for us. If there isn't a defender available I'm fine with it, we can get Adams back into A grade form, push his value up where it should be and have a year to target a tall defender in an era where contracts are worth little...

FWIW Cam Oshea from Port has been linked somewhere....

Post Thanks / Like

With Deledio to GWS, Should we try to grab O'Meara? An all out attack/offer to GCS in the later hours.

18, 35 & 43 is 200 more points than Hawthorn's offer. If we could convince Stevens or Hrovat as a mature player to head north with the picks, our offer could be the best they get. Maybe a future pick if required.

They won't use their pick 67, so get that back. Take to the draft 33 (Hrovat) or 50 (Stevens). Also have 61, 67, 74 & 75. Give Collingwood 61 & 67. Use rookie upgrades on 67 (Smith) & 74 (Lynch).

In: O'Meara, Cloke, Pick 33 or 50, Roarke Smith, Brad Lynch
    Out: Minson, Hamling, Stevens, Hrovat, 5th (Prudden), pick 18, 35, 43, 61, 67

Take 4 picks to the rookie draft. Two senior players to immediately replace Wallis & Redders, and two kids.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With Deledio to GWS, Should we try to grab O'Meara? An all out attack/offer to GCS in the later hours.

18, 35 & 43 is 200 more points than Hawthorn's offer. If we could convince Stevens or Hrovat as a mature player to head north with the picks, our offer could be the best they get.

They won't use their pick 67, so get that back. Take to the draft 33 (Hrovat) or 50 (Stevens). Also have 61, 67, 74 & 75. Give Collingwood 61 & 67. Use rookie upgrades on 67 (Smith) & 74 (Lynch).

Take 4 picks to the rookie draft. Two senior players to immediately replace Wallis & Redders, and two kids.
    Unless our medical team get the chance of a thorough evaluation, that's just way too much for someone who hasn't played for 2 years and possibly has degenerative issues.

Post Thanks / Like

In a word - No.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

18, 35 & 43 is 200 more points than Hawthorn's offer. If we could convince Stevens or Hrovat as a mature player to head north with the picks, our offer could be the best they get. Maybe a future pick if required.

Why would you upgrade Lynch BT?

and a big NO to O'Meara

Heard a whisper we have an interest in Richards. Maybe as a defender like his brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Why would you upgrade Lynch BT?

and a big NO to O'Meara

Heard a whisper we have an interest in Richards. Maybe as a defender like his brother.
    Seems to suit our style and would be a good Hamling replacement. With our depth players leaving [Stevens, Hrovat] we need the likes of Webb, Dale and Williams to step up.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Unless our medical team get the chance of a thorough evaluation, that's just way too much for someone who hasn't played for 2 years and possibly has degenerative issues.
    Yep, after watching Cooney's career, big no from me.

There was talk on SEN today that Devon Smith will be out of GWS in 12 months time. I'd rather save up and make a play for him

Post Thanks / Like

Is WHE over the line with Collingwood? I wouldn't mind seeing him in our colours
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is WHE over the line with Collingwood? I wouldn't mind seeing him in our colours
    We don't have enough list spots to bring in another player, given Prudden seems like being re-signed and Cloke is being brought on board.

Our best bet is to load up on future picks for next year when there may be more player movement.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be rapt to hear we kept Prudden on the list. Good to see things looking more likely in that regard.

Interesting day ahead with last minute trades.

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see JMac go to GWS and say we'll give you our first & second round pick next year for your first & second round pick next year. Basically a bet we finish higher than that plastic scum of a club next year.

18. Likes azabob liked this post