When i've looked at this list i've been fairly shortsighted and only commented on who is coming out of contract end of the current year.

It got me thinking how far out does Sam Power and co look?

Do they have list scenarios for each future year, identifying players who under no circumstances do they let their contracts get into the final year or worse expire!

OK Crystal Ball Time;

Fast forward to the end of 2021 who are your top 5 players that we must have locked away on long term deals? No if's and maybes and apologies for leaving off X player.

For the purpose of the list and discussion I am being age agnostic.

In the mix for me is Lachine Hunter, Bailey Williams, Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton, Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Ed Richards, Zaine Cordy, Jason Johannisen, Jackson MaCrae and Toby McLean.

My top five would be:

Marcus Bontempelli
Why: Captain in waiting, by far our our most important player on and off the field.
% chance to leave: 30%. It is simple. If we are successful on the field he stays.

Aaron Naughton
Why: An amazing first year, nothing really seemed to overaw him in his debut season. Will be the number 1 key defender for a long time to come.
% chance to leave: 50%. Western Australian kid. I honestly don't know on this one. Would have preferred a 3 year extension rather than a 2 year.

Tim English
Why: Looks to have all the tools required for a big man. Especially the way the game is heading.
% chance to leave: 50% Same as Naughton - WA kid. Both clubs will come hard. Potential to be the best big man in the game.

Jackson MaCrae
Why: Our second best midfielder who always gives 100%. Has improved year on year.
% chance to leave: 5% highly unlikely to leave being a Victorian and appears to be quite at home.

Toby McLean
Why: Talk about quietly going about your business! A huge talent who started off as a clever goal sneak to know a tough as nails midfielder who hasn't lost any of his flair and talent. Huge 2019 coming up for Toby and was rewarded with a long term deal last year.
% chance to leave: 5% highly unlikely. Appears to be a very unassuming character who values hard work and loyalty.