Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Maybe he wants to go home?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Maybe he wants to go home?
    If he ends up at Crows or Port, then that works; but early murmurs are Saints being keen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    The silence on any deal for Bailey Williams is deafening...Fox Footy reporting that Saints are keen.
    Because the door is ajar

His manager should be seeking other options
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Because the door is ajar

His manager should be seeking other options
    He isn't a free agent. What leverage does he have? ZERO. If we really believe in him, it should be a 'stay or good luck on the Gold Coast' type scenario...if we DON'T believe in him, then trade for what we can get.

He has been pretty well looked after this year - getting a couple of games he didn't really 'earn' - and I just don't see what reason he would have for moving to another Melbourne based club. I am sure he could create a story about going home to SA, but, what can I say, bad luck.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Williams a whole lot and would've thought he'd be a bigger priority that Lewy Young, but he's not being asked to do anything exceptionally difficult for a player of ability and has been treated pretty well by us. If he leaves I'm not sure the layman can lay claim to saying we could've done more to keep him - consistent games across 3 years and what I'm sure is a fair contract offer is pretty good.

If he goes to the Saints they'll stuff it up anyway.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I like Williams a whole lot and would've thought he'd be a bigger priority that Lewy Young, but he's not being asked to do anything exceptionally difficult for a player of ability and has been treated pretty well by us. If he leaves I'm not sure the layman can lay claim to saying we could've done more to keep him - consistent games across 3 years and what I'm sure is a fair contract offer is pretty good.

If he goes to the Saints they'll stuff it up anyway.
    Lewy Young is learning the game. Much the same way the Hawks do with their talls ie: Sicily. They are being patient and Young is obviously happy to learn the trade this way. I'm sure in 2 years time when he is the same age as Williams is now he will be more valuable and it will be worth the wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Lewy Young is learning the game. Much the same way the Hawks do with their talls ie: Sicily. They are being patient and Young is obviously happy to learn the trade this way. I'm sure in 2 years time when he is the same age as Williams is now he will be more valuable and it will be worth the wait.
    In three years time Lewis Young will be the same age as Dale Morris was when he debuted.

Moz was rookied as a 22 year old and had a birthday before his first game. Hopefully we're patient with Lewie
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    He isn't a free agent. What leverage does he have? ZERO. If we really believe in him, it should be a 'stay or good luck on the Gold Coast' type scenario...if we DON'T believe in him, then trade for what we can get.

He has been pretty well looked after this year - getting a couple of games he didn't really 'earn' - and I just don't see what reason he would have for moving to another Melbourne based club. I am sure he could create a story about going home to SA, but, what can I say, bad luck.
    Exactly.

It might be interesting to see if he makes the 22 this week. It could be a telling sign

Something has happened this year, he trains with the midfield, plays forward in the early rounds earning a couple of decent stints at Footscray only to return to the back six and I think he's performed OK.

If we don't think he is in the mix for our best 8 defenders then yes we should probably see if Port Power or Adelaide have any interest
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge has been secured as Western Bulldogs coach until the end of the 2023 season, after he agreed to a contract extension this week.

Beveridge, whose current deal was set to expire at the end of the 2020 season, has extended his contract with the Bulldogs for a further three seasons.

Beveridge is in his fifth season at VU Whitten Oval, having arrived at the end of 2014, and has coached the Bulldogs in 109 games to date.

He took the team to the finals in his first season, before leading the Bulldogs to their second ever VFL/AFL premiership in 2016.

“I am very grateful for the opportunity to continue in my capacity as the senior coach of this brilliant Club through to 2023,” Beveridge said.

“It is such a privilege to work with so many great people who do an outstanding job of guiding and nurturing our young men. It is also an honour to be associated with a club that does so much in the community and continues to provoke thought around our social conscience and what we can do for others.

“I have been very fortunate to feel the affection and the support from our passionate fans. We do this for each other, but ultimately, we do it for our supporters and we aim to make you proud of your Club.

“It is a responsibility I will continue to manage with the weight it deserves as we strive to be the best team again.”

The Bulldogs have consistently fielded one of the most inexperienced teams in the competition over the last two seasons, and its developing crop of youngsters have emerged as the faces of the future.

The likes of Lachie Hunter, Aaron Naughton, Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley and Tim English have all re-signed this year, for extended periods.

“We have a young playing group which clearly has belief in what we’re building towards, and to extend Luke’s contract and have his commitment further reflects the confidence in our future,” said Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains.

“We’ve been in discussions with Luke for a while about an extension, and we’re thrilled to have formalised the new deal.

“Luke has clearly demonstrated his coaching ability, as well as a profound way of connecting with his players, with a capacity to build strong relationships with the people around him.

“Not only has he been incredibly significant for the football side of our Club, but he is a strong leader and role model for our staff, our partners, and our members and fans.

“We look forward to the future with a great deal of excitement and optimism.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You get a contract, you get a contract, everybody gets a contract!

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You get a contract, you get a contract, everybody gets a contract!
    Does this counteract Saint players enthusiasm?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I’d be devestated to see Bailey Williams go and return to early 2018 form somewhere else. His sidestep, composure and long kicking were amazing to watch; I had huge hopes for him this year but he has disappointed all round - until being moved back to his preferred position when he was good but not great.

A mate of mines best mate was dating his mum 2 years ago and I learnt they are extremely close and he was very homesick. This was 2017 so could be different by now, but I also don’t see him going to another club in Melbourne.

I’d love to know what was being asked of him that he didn’t deliver before he was dropped last to have Roarke Smith get a game ahead of him.

Post Thanks / Like

This article about us chasing Darcy Moore mentions we are closing in on a deal for Bailey Dale.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-...-to-the-kennel
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    This article about us chasing Darcy Moore mentions we are closing in on a deal for Bailey Dale.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-...-to-the-kennel
    Feels like deja vu a little. Last time he was up for a contract extension he bobbed up and kicked goals in a spate aswell

Post Thanks / Like

The Age is reporting Matt Suckling to sign a one year extension.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Likes 1eyedog liked this post