Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Must sign Young, happy to trade Williams.
    My preference is to keep both guys because I'm risk-adverse and a coward, but they both might be of good use as trade chips to be honest.

I like Williams a lot but there's some players from Adelaide that I like more and if they're interested then he makes them both more gettable.

Young looks like a million bucks but he hasn't shown anything in the AFL for 2 seasons. I like his upside but his flaws are of the type that are potentially not fixable (the ability to read the game being his most severe limitation). Alex Rance figured it out but not everyone is Alex Rance.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    My preference is to keep both guys because I'm risk-adverse and a coward, but they both might be of good use as trade chips to be honest.

I like Williams a lot but there's some players from Adelaide that I like more and if they're interested then he makes them both more gettable.

Young looks like a million bucks but he hasn't shown anything in the AFL for 2 seasons. I like his upside but his flaws are of the type that are potentially not fixable (the ability to read the game being his most severe limitation). Alex Rance figured it out but not everyone is Alex Rance.
    Do you think this is something Young can learn? Still only 20 (21 in December). This is why I guess he is stuck in the reserves/
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you think this is something Young can learn? Still only 20 (21 in December). This is why I guess he is stuck in the reserves/
    From a google search:

ADELAIDE teenager Lewis Young has been dubbed a 200-game player in the making by one of the game's greats after sending the footy world into overdrive with a sparkling AFL debut for the Western

... and now he can’t get a game ...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there's a lot of reasons that folks can hypothesise as to why Young has not developed. I don't actually know why, but his last 18 months read: played 4 of a possible 34 games. Averaging 9.5 disposals and 3 marks. At a time when we've been short of talls forward, back and ruck.

I'd find it hard not to believe that the SA list managers have been whispering in his ear about the opportunities and games he'd be getting if he requested a trade. That'd be music to his ears as opposed to playing ruck, defence and forward on any given week while Gardner is promised games with less than a handful of touches.

Williams I also assume has had these whispers.

The problem on trade worth is Young isn't worth much at all. Williams trade value has vastly declined this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news about Josh Dunkley and Caleb Daniel resigning.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    From a google search:

ADELAIDE teenager Lewis Young has been dubbed a 200-game player in the making by one of the game's greats after sending the footy world into overdrive with a sparkling AFL debut for the Western

One word: Patience
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

From a google search:

Are you a CrocMedia(tm) sleeper cell?

Dunkley and Daniel literally re-signed today and somehow this thread can't even be good news.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes azabob, bornadog, Bulldog4life, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Are you a CrocMedia(tm) sleeper cell?

Dunkley and Daniel literally re-signed today and somehow this thread can't even be good news.

My comment was a response to a comment about Lewis Young. #647. It contained no reference to Dunkley or Daniel.

That was the comment which responded to yours. #646.

You commented on Young. You said that his flaws are not fixable.

Your comment was a response to #645 which said ...must sign Young.

I was simply pointing out that someone else thought he had the ability to be a superstar, which is consistent with another club possibly chasing him. Which was in #644

But if it makes you happy

Glad we signed CD & Dunks.

Post Thanks / Like

My comment was a response to a comment about Lewis Young. #647. It contained no reference to Dunkley or Daniel.

That was the comment which responded to yours. #646.

You commented on Young. You said that his flaws are not fixable.

Your comment was a response to #645 which said ...must sign Young.

I was simply pointing out that someone else thought he had the ability to be a superstar, which is consistent with another club possibly chasing him. Which was in #644

But if it makes you happy

Glad we signed CD & Dunks.
    I'm not big on telling people what to do but please Danjul (and one or two others, you'e not the only one) for the love of God could you please LEARN TO USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION. It's simple just press on it and remove any text that you don't want and then write your message underneath.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

14. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm not big on telling people what to do but please Danjul (and one or two others, you'e not the only one) for the love of God could you please LEARN TO USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION. It's simple just press on it and remove any text that you don't want and then write your message underneath.
    On my device there is a quote. It is #652 and it appears in a quote box.

So I don’t know what you are talking about. Please explain.

Post Thanks / Like

Bottom right hand corner Danjul where it says "Reply With Quote." When you want to quote another post/er, click on it and it will provide you with a copy of the post and a space to write at the bottom, it should be a lot easier for you than cutting and pasting.

But you got it when you replied to/quoted my post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bottom right hand corner Danjul where it says "Reply With Quote." When you want to quote another post/er, click on it and it will provide you with a copy of the post and a space to write at the bottom, it should be a lot easier for you than cutting and pasting.

But you got it when you replied to/quoted my post.
    Then if you want to quote multiple posts, click on the 'quote bubble +' next to 'reply wiTh quote' of all the quotes you want to refer to. It's easier to read, and much easier to compile an argument when responding.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Then if you want to quote multiple posts, click on the 'quote bubble +' next to 'reply wiTh quote' of all the quotes you want to refer to. It's easier to read, and much easier to compile an argument when responding.
    Thanks for that information, it is helpful.

But it wasn’t necessary for me to quote the full set of comments in the sequence that contained mine.

I was simply saying that my comment
    was a logical follow-on from the comment that ....Happy Days .... posted
    and therefore I couldn’t understand his criticism.

At the **** I clicked on the 'quote bubble +' as you instructed but the comments didn’t appear for me to edit in this reply. I obviously need more instructions.

20. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But it wasn’t necessary for me to quote the full set of comments in the sequence that contained mine.

At the **** I clicked on the 'quote bubble +' as you instructed but the comments didn’t appear for me to edit in this reply. I obviously need more instructions.
    After you have clicked on the "quote bubble +" press the 'reply to thread' button on the bottom left and all the quotes will appear in a window at the bottom of the page.

Post Thanks / Like

It took me 9 years to work it out so there's plenty of time. I still haven't mastered photos properly yet. I think there's a sub-board (the dog trainer) off the main page with tutorials/info, or there used to be.