Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sunday Footy Show on JJ:

Barrett: To get him out of the dogs, needed $750,000
    Cornes: He's a $550,000 player
    Lloyd: He's a $600,000 player

No one thinks he's worth the $750,000 allegedly required to get him to request a trade. I'd love to know what our offer was/is.
    Report on BF was that our initial offer was $1.6mil for 4 years... Seems we still have James Fantasia running the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I hope JJ re-signs as he was very good again last night but now I think being premiers we are going to expect to be circled by the 'sharks' but will be dissapointed if he did go but if he did we need to get a bloody good offer in return.
    We did get rid of Sevens and Hrovat and Hamling, all premiership teams seem to shed some fringe players and we're no different.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Tim English re-signs until the end of 2020

Ruckman Tim English is the latest Western Bulldogs player to put pen to paper, signing a two-year contract extension this week.

The West Australian will remain at the kennel until at least the end of 2020, an extension on his existing two-year draftee contract

Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney said the Club was pleased to retain the 19-year-old’s services.

“Tim was a highly-touted junior ruckman and we’ve been extremely impressed with his first six months at the Club.

“Not only has Tim settled in well and applied himself to his training, but he’s showed strong signs throughout the pre-season and demonstrates terrific attributes for a modern-day ruckman.”

English said he looked forward to continuing his development at the Bulldogs.

“It’s a huge thing the Club’s shown faith in me to firstly pick me in the draft, then to extend the contract.

“The Club’s been really welcoming and I’m looking to develop those relationships further.

“It does give you a little bit of confidence they see that your development is tracking pretty well… I’m just really looking forward (to the next few years).”

English was the Bulldogs first pick in the 2016 NAB AFL National Draft at number 19, recruited from the South Fremantle Football Club.

4. Thanks choconmientay, bulldogtragic, hujsh, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes chef, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Extended with out playing a game. Timmy!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Report on BF was that our initial offer was $1.6mil for 4 years... Seems we still have James Fantasia running the show.
    If that's true, then it's down right stupid and offensive to him. I would've thought $2M over 4 years would be good firm offer to see if he took a fair, quick deal like Hunter did last year. I'd be hoping that BF report was thin on fact.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds highly unlikely 400k a year for JJ.

Strange to sign up Timmy so quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

Not really, if we rate him then it's a great investment in the relationship. Also stops WA teams trying to get our WA guys to head back home, now to sign JJ and Adams...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

The way West Australians like Hamling, Adams and JJ seem to be taking to the club, it's smart business to tie up a promising first round pick West Australian whilst the going's good!

English looks a definite player. Really impressed in the JLT. Great skills - particularly by foot - for his size and looks a natural footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news re English.

Post Thanks / Like

Double post
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

English re-signs. Splendid old chap. Well young chap.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    English re-signs. Splendid old chap. Well young chap.
    Yep. The Dogs are like Spinal Tap, One of English's Loudest Fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Just dredging this Johannisen thing again. He's the player I'd probably want us to sign the most... oh, just behind Bontempelli, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Stringer, Wallis, Macrae and perhaps Roughead & Daniel...

Oh, and not to mention Wood - who has several years left in him...

So yeah, 7% or one-fourteenth of our salary cap on JJ isn't going to happen. It's a simple case of "do you want to be in a great side or not?"

The answer is, we'll help you get to the club of your choice and take the compensation pick.... Or, alternatively, pull your head in and meet us at the level we're offering. I think JJ will find that he can only get close to the numbers he wants from the far less attractive (and desperate) clubs with the cap space.

Even with the astronomical money (and Brownlow) that Ablett received for his move to GC, I still get the feeling that he's been unfulfilled and yearns for Geelong. He was loved at Geelong, whilst I'm not sure he's even particularly popular at Gold Coast! He could've played in another flag or two at Geelong, whilst Selwood and Dangerfield would be nothing but support acts in comparison to Ablett at Geelong - had he stayed.

Point is, money's not everything and I reckon Ablett's an example of a bloke who'd literally give up a couple of million to be back at Geelong - with the benefit of hindsight. As silly as it sounds, it's a painful lesson and you don't get the years back.

mitch0418 Guest

I've heard JJ doesn't want to go anywhere and was wanting to sign but his manager is trying to be big shot and jack up the price. I guess so his cut of the deal is more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Just dredging this Johannisen thing again. He's the player I'd probably want us to sign the most... oh, just behind Bontempelli, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Stringer, Wallis, Macrae and perhaps Roughead & Daniel...

Oh, and not to mention Wood - who has several years left in him...

So yeah, 7% or one-fourteenth of our salary cap on JJ isn't going to happen. It's a simple case of "do you want to be in a great side or not?"

The answer is, we'll help you get to the club of your choice and take the compensation pick.... Or, alternatively, pull your head in and meet us at the level we're offering. I think JJ will find that he can only get close to the numbers he wants from the far less attractive (and desperate) clubs with the cap space.

Even with the astronomical money (and Brownlow) that Ablett received for his move to GC, I still get the feeling that he's been unfulfilled and yearns for Geelong. He was loved at Geelong, whilst I'm not sure he's even particularly popular at Gold Coast! He could've played in another flag or two at Geelong, whilst Selwood and Dangerfield would be nothing but support acts in comparison to Ablett at Geelong - had he stayed.

Point is, money's not everything and I reckon Ablett's an example of a bloke who'd literally give up a couple of million to be back at Geelong - with the benefit of hindsight. As silly as it sounds, it's a painful lesson and you don't get the years back.
    My Sister in law is a member of the Suns and involved with the cheer squad and her personally is not a fan.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...