Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

I didn't realise Bailey Dale was due...get him signed up...Watson on SEN keeps sprouting how good he is/will be

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    I didn't realise Bailey Dale was due...get him signed up...Watson on SEN keeps sprouting how good he is/will be
    If that's the case, Essendon are no doubt into him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From the OP:

Jason Johannisen: 2017
    Josh Dunkley: 2017
    Stew Crameri: 2017
    Fletcher Roberts: 2017
    Lukas Webb: 2017
    Bailey Dale: 2017
    Kieran Collins: 2017
    Mitch Honeychurch: 2017
    Declan Hamilton: 2017
    Jack Redpath: 2017

Dale Morris: 2017 (30's)
    Matthew Boyd: 2017 (30's)
    Bob Murphy: 2017 (30's)

Roarke Smith: 2017 (Rookie)
    Bradley Lynch: 2017 (Rookie)
    Josh Prudden: 2017 (Rookie)
    Nathan Mc-Mc: 2017 (Rookie)
    Tristan Tweedie: 2017 (Rookie)

The oldies and the rookies will be done at the end of the year you'd think. So there's a few kids after JJ that need signing up, then some mid range players, but JMac is powering through his work.
    Top priority would have to be JJ, Dunks, Dale, Roberts, Webb, Crameri then Redpath in that order. The some of others will only get one year deals you'd think.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Dogs extend deals

The Western Bulldogs’ big man stocks have been bolstered this week with Kieran Collins and Lewis Young both committing to the Club beyond their current deals.

Collins (2018) and Young (2019) are the latest in a line of Bulldogs to have extended their contracts, with Patrick Lipinski, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams, Tim English and defender Bailey Williams also recently signing extensions.

The strongly-built Collins was taken with the 26th pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, and went on to play is first AFL game against Greater Western Sydney in Round Nine, last season.

20 years old in December, the Dandenong Stingrays product has averaged 12 disposals, five marks and two tackles per game in seven games for Footscray this season.

The South Australian born Young was the Bulldogs’ third pick in 2016 NAB AFL Draft (49th overall), and the youngest player selected at just 17.

The 197 cm, 88kg key forward prospect has impressed at VFL level for Footscray so far this season, averaging 12 touches and five marks over seven games

Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney said the Club was pleased to retain both players.

“Both Kieran and Lewis have shown some really encouraging signs in their time at the Club, McCartney said.

“Kieran continues to make strides as a player, and to debut at 18 years of age as he did last season was a terrific achievement,

“We’re looking forward to watching him develop as a footballer.”

Lewis Young scraped into draft eligibility by just 11 days, but McCartney said the former basketballer has already shown strong character and has significant potential.

“The way that Lewis has adapted to the AFL system after coming across from Adelaide at such a young age has been fantastic, he said.

“On the field, he’s got exceptional speed and agility for someone his size and a reliable pair of hands.

“He’s still a young man, so there’s still room for growth in his game, but we think he has plenty of upside.”

5. Thanks bornadog, KT31, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. Great news for them that they've got time to keep growing as players without contract pressure.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a one-year extension for Collins? Not overly encouraging is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    With all the injuries he's had, it's the safe course of action just like Clay Smith. Collins now has 16 months to grab another contract, which should take pressure off him to return too soon from injuries or take short cuts. That's good for club and player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Smads57, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I like what I have seen of Lewis-Young, and being so young has lots of time to develop. At 18 years of age, he is hopefully still growing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

JMac ploughing through it, his list of players left to sign from the OP:

Jason Johannisen: 2017
    Josh Dunkley: 2017
    Stew Crameri: 2017
    Fletcher Roberts: 2017
    Lukas Webb: 2017
    Bailey Dale: 2017
    Jack Redpath: 2017

Probably after the season:

Mitch Honeychurch: 2017
    Declan Hamilton: 2017

Dale Morris: 2017 (30's)
    Matthew Boyd: 2017 (30's)
    Bob Murphy: 2017 (30's)

Roarke Smith: 2017 (Rookie)
    Bradley Lynch: 2017 (Rookie)
    Josh Prudden: 2017 (Rookie)
    Nathan Mc-Mc: 2017 (Rookie)
    Tristan Tweedie: 2017 (Rookie)

12. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could also be from his side. Atm he isn't really close to selection and hasn't been overly impressive in the VFL, so I imagine the terms he has been offered aren't much of an upgrade on his draftee contract. From his pov he is better off hoping that in the next season and a half he can get some games and improve his bargaining position, and if he doesn't get games he could agitate for a move.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen he's lucky to get it in all honesty.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    From what I've seen he's lucky to get it in all honesty.
    He gets it because KPP take longer than others . No doubting he needs to improve aspects of his game

Post Thanks / Like

I think I read he is still to turn 20 meaning he is only 19 at present. I have seen him play as much as possible in the VFL (given his injuries) over the last two years and I think there might be something there yet. He is worth persisting with at this early stage.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

18. Thanks Eastdog, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    I think I read he is still to turn 20 meaning he is only 19 at present. I have seen him play as much as possible in the VFL (given his injuries) over the last two years and I think there might be something there yet. He is worth persisting with at this early stage.
    I don't think he's up to 20 games played against men yet. Patience with big kids.

20. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So far I like what I have seen of Lewis-Young, and being so young has lots of time to develop. At 18 years of age, he is hopefully still growing.
    At 197cm he wouldn't want to grow too much more. I like that size because it's tall enough to compete with the 200cm+ players and short enough (197cm is not quite short but you know what I getting at) to be able to play on the 190cm size players as well.

Unless we want him to become a ruckman of course. I actually haven't had the chance to see him play yet so I am just blabbering on here.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.