Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

If Dalhaus gets an offer that would net us a 1st round pick as compensation I'd be taking that in this year's draft.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Likes SlimPickens, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    If Dalhaus gets an offer that would net us a 1st round pick as compensation I'd be taking that in this year's draft.
    Given the general consensus on the quality of this years draft it's hard to see clubs givingup high picks for anything that they don't need badly.

The clubs that may be more likely to trade are those who have extra picks through 2017 future trading. It's interesting to review the list (rounds 1 & 2):

- Adelaide have Melbourne's 1st and Carlton's 2nd (but lost their own 2nd - probably leaving them 3 top 20 picks)
    - GCS have WCE's 1st and Essendon and Geelong's 2nd (but lost their own 2nd)
    - Carlton traded 2nd rounders with Adelaide (probable nett loss) and gained our 2nd rounder
    - Port have StKilda's 2nd rounder,
    - Sydney have Collingwood's 2nd,

No other clubs have traded into the 1st and 2nd round without trading out on the same level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Given the general consensus on the quality of this years draft it's hard to see clubs givingup high picks for anything that they don't need badly.

The clubs that may be more likely to trade are those who have extra picks through 2017 future trading. It's interesting to review the list (rounds 1 & 2):

- Adelaide have Melbourne's 1st and Carlton's 2nd (but lost their own 2nd - probably leaving them 3 top 20 picks)
    - GCS have WCE's 1st and Essendon and Geelong's 2nd (but lost their own 2nd)
    - Carlton traded 2nd rounders with Adelaide (probable nett loss) and gained our 2nd rounder
    - Port have StKilda's 2nd rounder,
    - Sydney have Collingwood's 2nd,

No other clubs have traded into the 1st and 2nd round without trading out on the same level.
    Dahlhaus is a restricted FA so clubs don't need to trade for him, his value will be determined by the offer received.

Post Thanks / Like

If he could kick goals he would be worth a lot more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    If he could kick goals he would be worth a lot more.
    His field kicking is also sub-standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Dahlhaus is a restricted FA so clubs don't need to trade for him, his value will be determined by the offer received.
    He is actually unrestricted. Motlop got a 4 year deal at Port Adelaide on about $500,000 per season which netted the Cats an end of first round pick. You would think that would be around the mark of offers Dahlhaus would receive. Of course the AFL will probably somehow come up with a third round pick for us.

I can't see other clubs blowing us out of the water contract wise so surely we will keep him if we want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Call me old fashioned, but he's not the sort of player I'd consider trading/letting go. And I'm sure he will stay with us for probably a little under what he could maybe get elsewhere.

9. Likes bornadog, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't see him going anywhere to be honest , just from what I see and his history with us giving him a chance , a premiership when no one else was interested.
    Bulldog for life I see
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Can't see him going anywhere to be honest , just from what I see and his history with us giving him a chance , a premiership when no one else was interested.
    Bulldog for life I see
    Are you looking in my window Ledge?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    His field kicking is also sub-standard.
    We knew that when we drafted him as a rookie, in fact it was one of the reasons other clubs didn't pick him up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We knew that when we drafted him as a rookie, in fact it was one of the reasons other clubs didn't pick him up.
    He then had a video made and sent it to clubs showing his kicking had improved.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Richards re-signs

First year Western Bulldogs defender Ed Richards has signed a two-year contract extension this week, keeping him at the Club until at least the end of the 2021 season.

The speedy Richards has been a revelation across halfback in his first season, averaging 14 disposals, five marks and four tackles over his first three games, where his composure in traffic and ball use has been a feature of his game.

“Ed’s been fantastic from the moment he arrived at the Club,” Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power told westernbulldogs.com.au.

“We know he’s quick and uses the footy well, but he’s also a real competitor, which is important at this level.

“The coaching group has been impressed with his professionalism and commitment to get better, and he’s fitting in really well within the playing group.

“We look forward to watching Ed develop as a player and a person at our Club over the next couple of years.”

Richards was taken with the 16th pick of the 2017 NAB AFL Draft.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks Mofra, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like these 2 year extensions for recent draftees who we’ve taken at the top end. Players like Richards and Naughton - it would have to be extraordinary and unforeseen circumstances for us to NOT want them on the list for 4 years - so getting them locked away early I think is a good strategy.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do wonder why Naughton hasn’t signed either. Usually these draftee extensions are announced together. Might be reading too much into it

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"