Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    I want to see Dad come on so he can free up Zaine to be a floating, swingman,forward enforcer.

Yep. Got a problem at either end of the ground? Zaine'll fix it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard about Collins recently, my understanding is that the coaches see him as being another year away from senior footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    From what I've heard about Collins recently, my understanding is that the coaches see him as being another year away from senior footy.
    Still very young at 19 years old, so I am not surprised. Won't be 20 till the end of the year (14 December)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still very young at 19 years old, so I am not surprised. Won't be 20 till the end of the year (14 December)
    Yeah, he looks like a grown up but he's just a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they happy with his progress?

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to think that is right. He was always going to need a longer term apprenticeship before being ready
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What are the reasons behind the belief he's a year off being ready. Surely not from a physical perspective?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I tend to think that is right. He was always going to need a longer term apprenticeship before being ready
    45 surgeries since his last game wouldn't help either. I like our young talls have some time with Cloke saying he wants to play passed his 2 years and Moz wanting to play next year. Plus Tom Boyd is coming into a green patch hopefully, with Cordy & Roberts too. With 6 or 7 tall kids, we just need to hope 2 or 3 really come on. As per our other posts, a good mature ruck or good mature defender in trade or free agency wouldn't hurt either.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs speedster Johannisen puts contract talks on hold

REIGNING Norm Smith medallist Jason Johannisen has put contract talks with the Western Bulldogs on hold until the end of the season.
    Johannisen's manager, Tim Galic of SMA Sports Agents, told AFL.com.au on Tuesday there had been no movement in his recent talks with the Bulldogs, with the parties remaining a long way apart over the terms of a new contract.
    Given this impasse, Galic said he had told the Bulldogs he wanted to discontinue negotiations until the end of the season.
    Johannisen is due to come out of contract at the end of 2017, but will be one year shy of qualifying for free agency.*!
    Some club sources believe the West Australian is seeking up to $700,000 a season to re-sign with the Bulldogs.*!
    He did not do his cause any harm with a blazing performance against Collingwood in round one, when he finished with 30 possessions and two goals to earn eight votes in the AFLCA award.*!
    The 24-year-old has emerged as one of the AFL's most explosive rebounding defenders in recent seasons and would appeal to any club looking to bolster its run off half-back.
    AFL.com.au contacted the Bulldogs but did not receive a response.
    Johannisen finished sixth in the Bulldogs' best and fairest award in a breakthrough 2015 season, then followed that with a 10th placing last season despite missing nine games with injury.
    Johannisen was one of the Bulldogs' stars in their fairytale 2016 finals campaign, averaging almost 25 possessions across the four games.
    He shone brightest on the biggest stage, running Sydney ragged in the Grand Final to finish with 33 possessions, nine inside 50s and seven rebound 50s. He polled 10 of a possible 15 votes in the Norm Smith Medal to win by two from Swans midfielder Josh Kennedy.*!
    Johannisen joined the Bulldogs at pick No.39 in the NAB AFL Rookie Draft at the end of 2010, and made his debut in round 19, 2012.
    He has since played 65 games and kicked 20 goals.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Booooo.

Enter Barrett.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

$700k............hes dreamin.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I would think so, unless the subtext is also seeing what the CBA increase is and then maybe with that it gets close. Although if he wants back to WA and Freo want him, we can take Fyffe for his salary offer and our salary cap banking.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, what's the market like now? Is there a comparison to a similar player? His stock is sky high right now so the cheque books and silver tongues will be out in full force.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it may come down to his character, take a bit less and play in a successful era or fill the bank account while he can.

Which one is he?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it may come down to his character, take a bit less and play in a successful era or fill the bank account while he can.

Which one is he?
    I blame Brad Johnson. If he gave Tom Boyd 3 & JJ 1 vote in the Norm Smith voting, the reverse of what he actually did, Tom Boyd wins the Norm Smith and JJ's manager isn't shopping a 'Norm Smith medallist' around. Bloody Johno.

16. Likes chef, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post