Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Smith has the physical attributes of a good football which you cant learn. He falls down with his decision making or lack of awareness which is really obvious and often costly - though these are two things you can learn. Doubt hes a 200 gamer but dont mind another year to see if improvement is there.

The interesting one for me now is Lucas Webb. Loved him in his first few games, lights it up regularly at Footscray but just cant click in the seniors. His roles; HBF - taken by JJ, Crozier, Wood, Richards ec and the Inside Mid by Libba, Dunkley, Wally and next year West. I think he is a Bailey Dale; 5-6 games in a row and it might click, he just might not get the chance.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Posted elsewhere.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

The Age is reporting that Wallis and Libba are about to re-commit to the club. Good News.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...30-p500up.html
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Luke Beveridge: 2020
    Recruiter: TBA
    List Manager: TBA

Jordan Roughead: 2018 (FA) (rumoured leave)
    Luke Dahl: 2018 (FA) (rumoured leave)
    Mitch Wallis: 2018 (FA) (rumoured stay)
    Tom Liberatore: 2018 (FA) (rumoured stay)
    Lin Jong: 2018
    Tory Dickson: 2018 (rumoured stay)
    Mitch Honeychurch: 2018
    Tom Campbell: 2018

Bradley Lynch: 2018 (Rookie)
    Bill Gowers: 2018 (Rookie) (rumoured upgrade)

Marcus Bontempelli: 2019
    Lachie Hunter: 2019
    Matt Suckling: 2019
    Caleb Daniel: 2019
    Liam Picken: 2019
    Bailey Williams: 2019
    Fergus Greene: 2019
    Lewis Young: 2019
    Josh Dunkley: 2019
    Fletch Roberts: 2019
    Bailey Dale: 2019
    Lukas Webb: 2019
    Callum Porter: 2019
    Dale Morris: 2019 (FA)

Roarke Smith: 2019 (rookie)

Aaron Naughton: 2020
    Tim English: 2020
    Pat Lipinski: 2020
    Marcus Adams: 2020
    Easton Wood: 2020

Tom Boyd: 2021
    Ed Richards: 2021
    Zaine Cordy: 2021

JJ: 2022
    Jack Macrae: 2022
    Toby McLean: 2022
    If you're new to the thread I update the opening post as ready Reckoner with every list management coming and going.

News articles have Gowers (upgrading), Dickson, Libba & Wallis staying. While other articles indicated Dahl & Roughy are on the move. With the re-signings made, that only leaves Honeychurch, Campbell, Jong and Lynch (needs to be elevated or delisted as he's hit the max time on the rookie list).

Surely HC & Campbell are gone, while Lynch should get an elevation of perhaps one year and Jong, well who knows why he hasn't been offered or signed a contract?

So Biggs, Smith, Collins, and likely Roughy and Dahl from the main list and NMM from the rookie list. 5 ML / 1 RL. Maybe Redders depending on some reporting, so maybe 6 ML. If we assume HC & Campbell gone, Jong retained and Lynch elevated. That 8 Main List gone, replaced by Gowers, Lynch & Smith. So 5 ML spots to be filled, and three rookie list spots to be filled as a guess. With picks 7, 20 ish for Dahl, circa picks natural pick 42 & 43/Roughy, circa pick 59 via Freo and pick 60. If we assume 7 plus West & Khamis as our first three, then just 59 & 60 to round out the five main list spots.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks GVGjr, Go_Dogs, Bulldog4life, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d be surprised if we didn’t trade in a couple of players like last season.

By the sounds of it the draft may not be as deep so is 5 (+3 rookie) picks too many?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’d be surprised if we didn’t trade in a couple of players like last season.

By the sounds of it the draft may not be as deep so is 5 (+3 rookie) picks too many?
    I think one or two might look at a trade for opportunities or go home factor (Roberts, Adams, Jong etc). And I think you're right we may look at one of two from another list.

Assuming 7, West & Khamis account for our first four picks. Then our remaining live picks are, before compo shuffling, picks 59 & 60 which to me are still pretty good value picks. So I'm not too fazed about the national draft.

As for the rookie draft, three picks might not be bad depending on the strategy:

Pick 1. We get the 6th best kid in the RD. Inevitably a few good ones get through to the RD, maybe we like one.
    Pick 2. Perhaps there's a Footscray VFL player that might benefit from being full time in our afl system (William, Hayes etc).
    Pick 3. Maybe since Bevo rates the ruck lower, our coverage for losing Campbell & Roughy comes from a state league ruckman or a delisted ruckman whose still available, or drafting a very raw ruckman to develop at Footscray. But on the rookie list.

I'm not too fazed about a couple of picks around 60 and some strategic multi-use selections in the rookie draft.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Like Roarke Smith it's unclear whether this is on the primary or rookie list???

Gowers commits to Bulldogs

The Western Bulldogs have secured exciting forward Billy Gowers on a new contract which will run until at least the end of the 2020 season.

The 22-year-old put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension this week after an outstanding debut season for the Bulldogs.

Taken at pick nine in the 2017 NAB AFL Rookie Draft from Footscray, Gowers had previously spent two years on Carlton’s rookie list.

He made his debut in Round 1 against GWS and went on to play 20 games (he missed two matches with ankle soreness), finishing as the Dogs’ leading goalkicker this season with 26 majors.

Gowers was also deployed as a midfielder in the second half of the season, where he proved his ability as a multi-dimensional player.

“Billy has had a terrific start to his career at the Bulldogs and it’s a testament to his ability, hard work and dedication,” said Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power.

“We look forward to seeing him continue his development over the coming years.”

Gowers has averaged 12.7 disposals and 4.2 marks per game this season.

“I love being at the Club, so I was stoked to sign for another two years,” Gowers told westernbulldogs.com.au.

“To notch up as many games as I did in my first year at the Bulldogs has been awesome, and everyone at the club has been great to me.

“I’m really looking forward to the next phase of my career.”

EDIT: another article says he will be promoted: the extension will ensure the 22-year-old will be promoted to the senior list in the upcoming off-season.
    Last edited by Axe Man; 04-09-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added additional info

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a worry the Bont isn't signed up yet.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I will only be concerned if it isn't done by early next season. If it drags on during the year it will become an unwanted distraction. Bont has essentially said that it will be done and I believe him because he's the Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    It might be dependent on who we bring in/let go during the trade and FA period? If it's not done by year end i'll start to worry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I will only be concerned if it isn't done by early next season. If it drags on during the year it will become an unwanted distraction. Bont has essentially said that it will be done and I believe him because he's the Bont.
    Agree. All the mail and chat is that it’s happening. We have the cash, if it drags past start of next season then there’s issues. Right now the club should be focusing on players who are out of contract next year.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Dahlhaus our. Just announced..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Dahlhaus our. Just announced..
    Ours or out?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, autocorrect. Out.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dahl has underperformed for two seasons and is a limited player in terms of skills. But man him leaving does hurt. A blood sweat and tears player.