Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Im sure we thought the same about Ward.
    That was our fault not his. He asked for a contract to sign we held back.
    100% clubs fault.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    That was our fault not his. He asked for a contract to sign we held back.
    100% clubs fault.
    Theres no such thing as an untouchable player.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Theres no such thing as an untouchable player.
    That’s if your going to offer the world and that’s not possible.
    I still believe their are, it’s not as common as it was but I still believe their are players who won’t leave clubs around.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Lynch is poised to sign a 2-year deal to stay at the dogs. Apparently had interest from other clubs so good to see

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-1...-at-the-kennel

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#lolnorf

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Brad Lynch is poised to sign a 2-year deal to stay at the dogs. Apparently had interest from other clubs so good to see

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-1...-at-the-kennel
    I don't get what he is signed as? A senior player or a rookie?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't get what he is signed as? A senior player or a rookie?
    That's the 3rd signing already that we have had this confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it’s the senior list.

He wouldn’t turn down offers from other clubs to go back on our rookie list!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Of course it’s the senior list.

He wouldn’t turn down offers from other clubs to go back on our rookie list!
    I guess what I was asking is how do you get on the senior list before draft day? There must be some rule.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess what I was asking is how do you get on the senior list before draft day? There must be some rule.
    If your a rookie the club can put you on the senior list, that’s the idea of a rookie they weren’t picked up so they get the opportunity to be like a sub and club gets to look at them, that club gets to put them on the senior list without going into the draft if they want.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

They just get promoted to the senior list upon the start of the new contract.

On draft night their name is read to next to a pick but as far as i know that is purely ceremonial and there is no other benefit/cost to upgrading them than the new contract. Also usually people are worried about getting picks to upgrade their rookies with. i believe this is irrelevant, you will keep generating picks infintely so will always have a pick at the end of the draft to upgrade a rookie with if need be.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Rookie listed players can be elevated to the primary list prior to the draft. 2013 was the last time clubs had to use draft picks in the national draft to promote rookies.

15. Thanks bornadog, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    They just get promoted to the senior list upon the start of the new contract.

On draft night their name is read to next to a pick but as far as i know that is purely ceremonial and there is no other benefit/cost to upgrading them than the new contract. Also usually people are worried about getting picks to upgrade their rookies with. i believe this is irrelevant, you will keep generating picks infintely so will always have a pick at the end of the draft to upgrade a rookie with if need be.
    Nope, 2013 was the last time national draft picks were used on rookies.

17. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nope, 2013 was the last time national draft picks were used on rookies.
    True, but soup is also right too. What will happen is when we've finished using the picks we want on actual draftees, we will elevate rookies into the remaining spots.

So say we finish at pick 80. Then we have 98 &116. Gowers & Lynch will automatically take the last spots. That's the incentive of the rookie list, to use unwanted late picks to elevate what was speculative talent. We are not using the picks in a 'live sense' but we inform the AFL that we are elevating them in the picks and that's that.

Whatever the mechanisms, we are adding Gowers & Lynch for unwanted late picks. That's a nice reward for them, and for the club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    True, but soup is also right too. What will happen is when we've finished using the picks we want on actual draftees, we will elevate rookies into the remaining spots.

So say we finish at pick 80. Then we have 98 &116. Gowers & Lynch will automatically take the last spots. That's the incentive of the rookie list, to use unwanted late picks to elevate what was speculative talent. We are not using the picks in a 'live sense' but we inform the AFL that we are elevating them in the picks and that's that.

Whatever the mechanisms, we are adding Gowers & Lynch for unwanted late picks. That's a nice reward for them, and for the club.
    I was responding to the part I bolded where he said "On draft night their name is read to next to a pick". This does not happen any more. In your example we aren't using 98 and 116 to elevate the rookies - those picks won't exist. The rookie promotions are done prior draft night so you only have the number of picks that correspond to the number of vacant primary list spots.