Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    $700k............hes dreamin.
    Yes I would have thought about $500,000 to 550,000 would have got the deal done. According to Mark Stevens his manager, who happens to be in WA, is not an easy guy to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of a turnaround from him wanting to get the deal done just a few weeks back and now he apparently wants to wait until the end of the season. There must be a bit more to this story that hasn't been made public
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes I would have thought about $500,000 to 550,000 would have got the deal done. According to Mark Stevens his manager, who happens to be in WA, is not an easy guy to deal with.
    If you look at the Dangerfield trade, after Adelaide wanted more than the free agency offer, it will resemble Freo/Fyfe if he wants out. If Freo want the best offer for Fyfe, then JJ and a swap of picks represents a good offer. The apparent value of Fyfe is around $1,200,000 which we would have with the $800,000 for 5 years we had on the table for Hurley plus the $500,000 a season for 4 years we would've expected for JJ.

Rumours around St Kilda are going to go at free agency with a similar dollar offer around $1,200,000. And Fyfe is willing to move to Victoria. But Freo can simply match the offer. If we have a ready made gun that may want to WA and the willingness to trade big again, we could be in the race despite our preference to re-sign JJ. Or, if they finish low they could take the FA compo and trade straight for JJ. Who knows? All we know is JJ is not inking anything for, at best, 6 months or not at all. Best we explore all options so we don't get tunnel vision like with Hurley, and losing Hamling.

Can Lynch, Williams, Roarke, Dale & Webb cover him somewhat, while we gain in the midfield/forward?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Puts a different slant on the interview he gave to SEN on Saturday when he went into detail about barracking for Freo as a kid and having Pav, Bell, Farmer etc. as his favourite players.

Remember thinking to myself "if I didn't know he loved our club and was keen to sign ASAP, I'd think this sounds a bit like a 'come and get me, Freo!'"

I'm beginning to tire of these West Australian players.. I've been to Perth a few times and must be missing something about the apparent appeal...

Post Thanks / Like

I think this needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep end of the season tells me he has a massive offer on the table. Gone...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think this needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.
    If he and his manager are not talking to JMac, how does it get resolved?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he and his manager are not talking to JMac, how does it get resolved?
    To come out and say I'm not talking about it until the end of the year is very concerning. Two weeks ago he wanted to work with the club to come to a deal. I hope we havent low balled him like the Ward fiasco but refusing to renegotiate after seasons end always ends in trouble. He would already have half a dozen offers on his manager's desk.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    To come out and say I'm not talking about it until the end of the year is very concerning. Two weeks ago he wanted to work with the club to come to a deal. I hope we havent low balled him like the Ward fiasco but refusing to renegotiate after seasons end always ends in trouble. He would already have half a dozen offers on his manager's desk.
    That's pessimistic. With his unhappiness hitting the news, he's got 18 offers and he's said no to ours. Plan A is re-signing him as soon as we can. We need to formulate a Plan B in the event he wants out of a dynasty, and get a very good player in return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I've been to Perth a few times and must be missing something about the apparent appeal...
    The weather and no Apex.

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep end of the season tells me he has a massive offer on the table. Gone...
    Possibly but still if there is a massive offer is it good list management to pay a HBF $700+ per season? I've followed JJ closley his whole career and would be devastated if he left but you have to ask: Is he worth that much?

13. Likes bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Possibly but still if there is a massive offer is it good list management to pay a HBF $700+ per season? I've followed JJ closley his whole career and would be devastated if he left but you have to ask: Is he worth that much?
    Not for mine. If his foot was elite then maybe.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Afl.com.au - last month:

ROSS Lyon is comfortable with where Fremantle's contract negotiations with Nat Fyfe sit, despite conceding the star midfielder's impending free agency status will invite speculation as long as he remains out of contract.

Fyfe is the crown jewel in this year's free agency pool and has already been linked to Carlton, among other Victorian clubs.

The 25-year-old will attract rival offers of considerably more than $1 million a season should he choose to test his market value.

But Lyon told AFL.com.au conjecture about Fyfe's future would not be a distraction for Fremantle in 2017, saying he accepted a player now had the right to explore his options under free agency.

"I think it's reality, I think it generates news, it generates interest and it's going to be an on-going narrative, one that I'm not going to comment on," Lyon said.

"You see it at other clubs … we can't control it and at the end of the day every player is entitled to source the market, make a decision and move on.

"It's not something I can control. All we can do is provide the best environment and (ensure) that the player sees that they can become what they want to become, and it's commercially viable because at the end of the day it's a profession for them.

"It's not something I sit around and mull about it. I just do what I can do and I've experienced it before. There have been lots of great players that have been out of contract, but I let the cobblers do the cobbling.

"That's between Nat, his manager and the club, and whether they do it at round one, round 26 or in the off-season it's not for me.

"But the speculation is going to be there all year."

Asked specifically whether he was comfortable with where things sat with Fyfe, Lyon said: "Well, yeah. We're all passing through, we're all passing through. Nothing is forever."

However, the Dockers coach was quick to point out when Fyfe's contract status was raised that he would be a restricted, and not an unrestricted, free agent.

"There's a big difference," he said, alluding to the fact Fremantle will have the right to match any rival offers for Fyfe.

Post Thanks / Like

Fyfe & JJ waiting the year out. Both linked to the other's state. Both clubs have the salary cap if both those players move. Freo in particular could do very well if it finishes low and forces a favourable trade in addition to FA compo.

The last time things like this lined up, Tom Boyd & Gryphone swapped clubs, states and fit each team's salary cap. Feels a little the same to me, I felt that very early.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway I'm not going to jump at the first shadow I see. I'm confident he'll stay.