Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Sounds promising. Adams keen to stay.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...5d9cb518ae28b8

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were at the game on Friday night 700K doesn't seem too far fetched for JJ. He was brilliant, really disappointing we haven't got it done yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Sounds promising. Adams keen to stay.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...5d9cb518ae28b8
    Two way street, he needs to get on the park and play some good football.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    If you were at the game on Friday night 700K doesn't seem too far fetched for JJ. He was brilliant, really disappointing we haven't got it done yet.
    Problem is we give JJ 700k and we'll have a dozen or so similar talented players wanting the same.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Problem is we give JJ 700k and we'll have a dozen or so similar talented players wanting the same.
    He has a norm smith medal in his favour though, his profile has risen dramatically as a use for sponsors and his footy is getting better.
    A great chance Morris Boyd and Murphy will be gone next year. we be mad to let him go.
    I have no doubt he wants to stay but managers trying to get the best deal.
    The problem is how big is the difference others will offer .. This free agency and restricted free agency along with a salary cap is supposed to even up the competition not take away icons of clubs and restrict a way of paying off debt.
    Lets face it JJ could be a commercial dream and huge advertisement for the club like the Bont is plastered everywhere at the moment.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I remember how JJ used to say his family over here was Stringer, wife and kids. He was very close to them. Now that family has broken up I wonder how JJ feels.

8. Likes Murphy'sLore, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I remember how JJ used to say his family over here was Stringer, wife and kids. He was very close to them. Now that family has broken up I wonder how JJ feels.
    Better get him a family. Nice Melbourne girl to start with
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    He has a norm smith medal in his favour though, his profile has risen dramatically as a use for sponsors and his footy is getting better.
    A great chance Morris Boyd and Murphy will be gone next year. we be mad to let him go.
    I have no doubt he wants to stay but managers trying to get the best deal.
    The problem is how big is the difference others will offer .. This free agency and restricted free agency along with a salary cap is supposed to even up the competition not take away icons of clubs and restrict a way of paying off debt.
    Lets face it JJ could be a commercial dream and huge advertisement for the club like the Bont is plastered everywhere at the moment.
    We cant give him a huge contract on the back of one game though, a game which most of us thought he wasnt the BOG. We still have to have a wage structure that allows us to keep 'all' our players happy and have a successful/strong side.

If an individual wants more they we can afford than i hope we help them on their way, no matter who it is. Team comes first.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think this needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.
    Not bothered by the delay to be honest. I just want him to do the best he can this year and hopefully win another Norm Smith and premiership. In any event it is out of our control if his management want to wait until season's end, which is their absolute right. Can't blame him at all for wanting to wait until the end of the season before making a decision - it is the way of the modern era now.

Worst case scenario is that he requests a trade at the end of the year - we will get a very nice future return on our speculative 2010 rookie pick investment. I much prefer we keep him and hope this happens.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes bulldogtragic, chef, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From his pov what's the benefit to signing now?

If he waits to the end of the season, barring some freak injury his value is only going to go up. It gives him the ability to play off the highest offers he has received against eachother, and he can really weigh up his options and how he feels about changing clubs.

I'd prefer he was already signed up, but he absolutely has every right to get the most out of his next contract. And having said all that, we are still in the box seat.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    From his pov what's the benefit to signing now?

If he waits to the end of the season, barring some freak injury his value is only going to go up. It gives him the ability to play off the highest offers he has received against eachother, and he can really weigh up his options and how he feels about changing clubs.

I'd prefer he was already signed up, but he absolutely has every right to get the most out of his next contract. And having said all that, we are still in the box seat.
    While I don't disagree with this, I will say - that by putting off contract talks, he does put more pressure on himself to perform this season. Some players have handled the year long speculation well, others haven't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Better get him a family. Nice Melbourne girl to start with
    He's a player we can't afford to lose as he is probably the only one with genuine leg speed who can break the lines. I'm willing to offer up my 23 year old daughter to keep JJ in Melbourne. She's attractive and a fanatical Bulldogs member. Who should I contact at the club?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    $700K for JJ, then what is The Bonts worth ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    He's a player we can't afford to lose as he is probably the only one with genuine leg speed who can break the lines. I'm willing to offer up my 23 year old daughter to keep JJ in Melbourne. She's attractive and a fanatical Bulldogs member. Who should I contact at the club?
    She will also need to have excellent sporting attributes for future Father/ Son or Daughter selections.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    $700K for JJ, then what is The Bonts worth ?
    Can anyone tell me what heath Shaw is on? I'm sure JJ management will be putting that as the benchmark.

Important to remember here we are dealing with his management and not him at this stage