Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I find it really hard to get my head around a situation where we don't keep Dickson on the list for another year. You only had to watch the first quarter on the weekend (the very small part of the game where it was up for grabs!) to see the value he still has.
    And if others are playing so well that he spends time at Footscray, then that is fine too. Have to have a squad to win it - and we will be in the mix of contenders next season.
    Yeah, I’m leaning that way too. If others force him out through their own good form, it only makes us stronger. At worst, he plays at Footscray and players like Cavarra, Greene etc get to learn forward craft from him up close.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it really hard to get my head around a situation where we don't keep Dickson on the list for another year. You only had to watch the first quarter on the weekend (the very small part of the game where it was up for grabs!) to see the value he still has.
    And if others are playing so well that he spends time at Footscray, then that is fine too. Have to have a squad to win it - and we will be in the mix of contenders next season.
    While I do think his touch is declining, but the post was more about pure math. If we needed seven spots to fit trade/free agents and draft recruits into, then seven spots includes Dickson it would seem. Unless someone asks to be let out of a contract, or it's made six spots. After a year of signing players, things look very tight for those on that list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The opening paragraph of this thread has Khamis listed as contracted for 2020.

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else and I am wondering whether this is true or it is a mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    The opening paragraph of this thread has Khamis listed as contracted for 2020.

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else and I am wondering whether this is true or it is a mistake.
    Definitely got a 2 year contract.

The club were always going to take him in the draft, but after he wasn't bid on, he was allowed to slide through to being a rookie selection - but he was still given 2 years by the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    While I do think his touch is declining, but the post was more about pure math. If we needed seven spots to fit trade/free agents and draft recruits into, then seven spots includes Dickson it would seem. Unless someone asks to be let out of a contract, or it's made six spots. After a year of signing players, things look very tight for those on that list.
    Yep, understand and wasn't doubting the maths or realities of it at all. I just find it surprising that we are heading down a path where his spot on the list might be in jeopardy - I just think he is playing good footy and that it is pretty clear from him being picked for the last 9 weeks in the period where we've played the best we have for the season.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out - I'd be really disappointed if we let him go - and would be surprised if he didn't get snapped up by another AFL club.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely got a 2 year contract.

The club were always going to take him in the draft, but after he wasn't bid on, he was allowed to slide through to being a rookie selection - but he was still given 2 years by the club.
    OK, but how do you know this? When he was drafted, the club said it was for the 2019 season and no mention was made of two years.

Academic anyway as he would have been given a second year based on his performances at VFL level this year.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...ft-buku-khamis

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, understand and wasn't doubting the maths or realities of it at all. I just find it surprising that we are heading down a path where his spot on the list might be in jeopardy - I just think he is playing good footy and that it is pretty clear from him being picked for the last 9 weeks in the period where we've played the best we have for the season.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out - I'd be really disappointed if we let him go - and would be surprised if he didn't get snapped up by another AFL club.
    And Williams, Morris, Roberts & Webb seeming certainties. We delisted/moved on a lot worse than this group, more so with Dicko.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And Williams, Morris, Roberts & Webb seeming certainties. We delisted/moved on a lot worse than this group, more so with Dicko.
    Maybe Porter or others get moved to rookie list??
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe Porter or others get moved to rookie list??
    Porter got an extension. A rookie list move means delisting them still. I was a little surprised his signature came before others. Maybe with Dale’s imminent extension that us done for re-contracting? It’s getting hard to be mathematically possible now to keep those remaining, unless there’s a premature retirement (ie Redders/Cloke). My guess is at least 7 (5 more) have to leave. That’s where we are. A lot of water under the bridge to come though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread unstuck.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to BT for creating and looking after this thread all this time. Axe Man has a big pair of boots to fill.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

12. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Well done to BT for creating and looking after this thread all this time. Axe Man has a big pair of boots to fill.
    Good point, Ditto from me.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good point, Ditto from me.
    Yep, me three.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I will wear a few extra pairs of socks, might even put some of them on my feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doc. Axe Man is always on the ball, so I’m happy he’s stepped up and seen Rhylee signed on day one.