Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Sure thing. He's very grateful for the opportunity but a bit surprised and expected to have his contract extended based on late season discussions.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs swing the axe on rookie key forward

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have delisted Category B rookie Tristan Tweedie after one season at the club.

The 19-year-old forward kicked just three goals in 11 VFL games this season after overcoming stress fractures in his foot that limited him to four games in two seasons with the Eastern Ranges in the TAC Cup.

The Healesville product was a member of Hawthorn's academy, but the Hawks overlooked him for a rookie spot at the end of the 2016.

Tweedie is the second rookie to be delisted by the club this month, after injury-prone midfielder Josh Pridden was released by the club last week.

The news is much better for two of the Dogs' remaining rookies, with Brad Lynch and Nathan Mullenger-McHugh retained for another season.

Lynch is a defensive playmaker in the mold of club great Robert Murphy, but the West Australian's progress was stymied this season by several hamstring injuries.

With Murphy and Matthew Boyd calling time on their respected careers, the 20-year-old should get plenty of chances to make his senior debut after two seasons at Whitten Oval.

Mullenger-McHugh impressed in his first season at the Dogs, with the raw key position player developing well mainly across half-back for Footscray.

The 20-year-old is very athletic and possess a strong pair of hands.

The Bulldogs will also have to make a call on Roarke Smith, with the luckless defender needing to be upgraded or delisted after being on the club's rookie list for the maximum three seasons.

The 21-year-old, who has endured two knee reconstructions in the past 18 months, has impressed in two senior games but just needs some luck to realise his full potential.

Stewart Crameri and Mitch Honeychurch are the only senior-listed players without a contract for next season, with the pair unlikely to be offered new contracts until after free agency and trade periods.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tweedie is the second rookie to be delisted by the club this month, after injury-prone midfielder Josh Pridden was released by the club last week.
    We can do better

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so after all that:

Out

Bob - retired
    Boyd - retired
    Hamilton - delisted
    Stringer - exiled

In

Trengove
    Crozier
    Schache
    Roarke Smith (promoted)
    Pick 9
    Pick 16.

By my count, we need to cut two more.

We know Honeychurch has been approached by GWS. I'm sure we'll delist him to facilitate that as we did with Tutt to Carlton.

Which leaves us one to delist, which must surely be Crameri.

If Zac Clarke were interested, would we prefer him over Campbell?

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri and honeychurch the obvious two.
    They are both good footballers just shows how strong our list is.
    Other clubs will take them on no doubt which again proves our list is in quite good nick compared to other teams.
    I'm in shock about North doing nothing when the really need to get some talent in.
    Collingwood also pretty strange they need to improve big time next year and won't do it with draft picks, going in with the Same team they had last year which lacks talls , they didn't even come for Schache !
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Crameri and honeychurch the obvious two.
    They are both good footballers just shows how strong our list is.
    Other clubs will take them on no doubt which again proves our list is in quite good nick compared to other teams.
    I'm in shock about North doing nothing when the really need to get some talent in.
    Collingwood also pretty strange they need to improve big time next year and won't do it with draft picks, going in with the Same team they had last year which lacks talls , they didn't even come for Schache !

I'm suprised that Collinfwood didn't come after Stringer. I wonder if they hadn't wasted all that money on Mayne (and all the other duds they have from other clubs) if they would have.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm suprised that Collinfwood didn't come after Stringer. I wonder if they hadn't wasted all that money on Mayne (and all the other duds they have from other clubs) if they would have.
    I heard it suggested one Matthew Boyd might've played a part in that.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is almost done. Honey & Crameri are to be cut. GWS will take Honey. I wonder who might take Crameri?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This thread is almost done. Honey & Crameri are to be cut. GWS will take Honey. I wonder who might take Crameri?
    I'm not sure he'll get picked up at all...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Well, that helps his damages law suit at least.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Essendum say they would try to Crameri back?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Didn't Essendum say they would try to Crameri back?
    They said it, I'm not sure they meant it if they landed Stringer though. I could see them doing just as a PR stunt, but with their forward line I'm not sure he'd get a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I heard it suggested one Matthew Boyd might've played a part in that.
    They are his employer now. That's exactly the duty he owes them.

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I've asked this a couple of times as I am sure it's playing a factor here. Whatever happened with that Greyhound problem Craneri was having with the Racing standards people in
    NSW? I assume it played itself out because we haven't heard about it for a while.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I agree HC and Stew look the 2 most obvious delistings it does leave us a bit short of natural forwards, especially after Stringers departure. We also put a couple of years into Hamilton, most probably with hope that he would fill a similar role. Left on our list, our most accomplished forwards are Dickson (30 and struggling with injuries), Cloke (30), Picken (31), Redpath (27 and injury prone), Smith (24 but with a body hanging together by threads), Boyd (who may well be needed in the Ruck) and some kids with talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Whilst I agree HC and Stew look the 2 most obvious delistings it does leave us a bit short of natural forwards, especially after Stringers departure. We also put a couple of years into Hamilton, most probably with hope that he would fill a similar role. Left on our list, our most accomplished forwards are Dickson (30 and struggling with injuries), Cloke (30), Picken (31), Redpath (27 and injury prone), Smith (24 but with a body hanging together by threads), Boyd (who may well be needed in the Ruck) and some kids with talent.
    We may need to change the players who we consider as forwards.

I expect JJ, Dahl, Dale in the very least will all be considered more regular forwards in 2018 and if we see some improvement from our midfielders who were down this year (Libba, Wallis), Jong back from injury, McLean and Daniel continue to build midfield minutes, we may see Bont play more like 50% forward time too.