Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    For Crameri, and any other player, it should comes down to attitude, hunger and talent to see if they should be maintained on the senior list. He will have to be prepared to take a pay cut but if he has the desire we should keep him as a senior listed player. He's talked a couple of times at the players sponsors area and from memory he will be close to resuming training now. If all parties can get a deal done then he should be fit enough by December to set himself up for a good season in 2018.
    If you watch the Bob Murphy speech to players, Crameri is right there at the front. If he had no interest he wouldn't show up to the player sponsor area or to the farewell speeches for both Bob and Matty Boyd.

As Doc26 says a rookie spot is a ridiculous idea, he would be picked up by another club at a heart beat.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Crameri moving to our a rookie list! How has this suggestion come about? Sure he returned to 2017 in at best average condition, ruled out for the season with a hip but he's far from on his own here and with more compelling reasons given what he's been put through. If we are a Club that 'Puts our arms around him' like Clay, like Roarke, like TBoyd etc I don't get why we would offload him to our rookie list because of one off season - particularly given his upside and our desperate need for what he can deliver.

If there's not a place for him on our main list, and compensated accordingly, he will be off to another Club that would undoubtedly value him more highly than a rookie.
    It's just a hunch. Nothing against Stew whatsoever, or negative inferences. Just a hunch.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If you watch the Bob Murphy speech to players, Crameri is right there at the front. If he had no interest he wouldn't show up to the player sponsor area or to the farewell speeches for both Bob and Matty Boyd.

As Doc26 says a rookie spot is a ridiculous idea, he would be picked up by another club at a heart beat.
    Surely seating arrangements isn't a good indicator. My point is the coaches need to have faith in Crameri, and any other out of contract player, that they have the right hunger, talent and desire to get this team back into a serious finals contender. If anyone falls short of that then we need to help them find a good home. I agree with Doc and yourself that you don't put Crameri on a rookie list. He's either in or out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to keep Crammers exactly the type of player we miss should be a incentive based contract for one year with triggers for a extra year with Bob and Boydy leaving we need experience around the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    I think we need to keep Crammers exactly the type of player we miss should be a incentive based contract for one year with triggers for a extra year with Bob and Boydy leaving we need experience around the club.
    On ability we need him at the club as he gives as some great balance in the forward line. I'd be surprised if a one year deal offer would be accepted by Crameri.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Surely seating arrangements isn't a good indicator. My point is the coaches need to have faith in Crameri, and any other out of contract player, that they have the right hunger, talent and desire to get this team back into a serious finals contender. If anyone falls short of that then we need to help them find a good home. I agree with Doc and yourself that you don't put Crameri on a rookie list. He's either in or out.
    No, probably not. Crammers looks a bit annoyed to me.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No, probably not. Crammers looks a bit annoyed to me.
    A year out because of Essendon, best part of a year out because of hip surgery - I'd be pretty annoyed too.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

We need to be realistic about how the game has evolved and whether a player like Crameri is a part of it. Is he fast, is he good overhead, is he durable, is he clever and can he get his hands on the ball?

When we picked him up he was all of those things. How many of them is he after two years out of the game? I'm concerned he's edging close to none.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    A year out because of Essendon, best part of a year out because of hip surgery - I'd be pretty annoyed too.

For sure.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

On ability we need him at the club as he gives as some great balance in the forward line. I'd be surprised if a one year deal offer would be accepted by Crameri.
    could you risk offering him any more than one year after being out of the game for two years? This game moves on quickly. I would give him one year with a few milestones in it for an extension to be triggered.

Post Thanks / Like

Great News Bailey Dale has signed for a further two years!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Great News Bailey Dale has signed for a further two years!
    Giddy up!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    That was 2016 for 2017.
    Time man, it's just *!*!*!*!ing with me.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Time man, it's just *!*!*!*!ing with me.
    Happens to the best of us. Under three years of Bevo coaching, only a mere two players haven't been given a senior game (ex. rookies and some of last year's draftees), Matt Fuller & Declan Hamilton. I think Declan will be joining Fuller in the SANFL next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we're done. This shit has got real now.

Bob & Boyd gone
    Webb & Redders have contracts, but haven't signed them
    Honey & Hamilton up against it
    Media Questioning Cloke & Crameri
    Campbell may ask for a trade
    As for rookies, I'm guessing Prudden is gone, Smith upgraded (based on what Bevo has said), Lynch, NMM & Tweedie to stay.

Any surprise trades?