Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This thread is almost done. Honey & Crameri are to be cut. GWS will take Honey. I wonder who might take Crameri?
    Is there any possibility that we would consider delisting one of our contracted players to retain Crameri? If it is true that we were trying to trade out TC through the trade period would we take a hit on his 2018 salary and/or re-negotiate for his departure for the upcoming DFA period. It is far from unprecedented, if not a bit unsavoury, and I can only imagine that we would still be sitting under the TPP for 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Is there any possibility that we would consider delisting one of our contracted players to retain Crameri? If it is true that we were trying to trade out TC through the trade period would we take a hit on his 2018 salary and/or re-negotiate for his departure for the upcoming DFA period. It is far from unprecedented, if not a bit unsavoury, and I can only imagine that we would still be sitting under the TPP for 2018.
    If the player has done all the right things and has given no reason to be shafted I think it would send a poor message to the rest of the group. If you can't fit an uncontracted player in because there are no spots I wouldn't bin a contracted player to fit him in.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If the player has done all the right things and has given no reason to be shafted I think it would send a poor message to the rest of the group. If you can't fit an uncontracted player in because there are no spots I wouldn't bin a contracted player to fit him in.
    Agree but that's not to say that we still couldn't continue and help to negotiate his move to another Club through the DFA period, that is, it wouldn't have to be adversarial.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree but that's not to say that we still couldn't continue and help to negotiate his move to another Club through the DFA period, that is, it wouldn't have to be adversarial.
    We could have done that, effectively the same way by swapping pick 82 & player for pick 79? We didn't do it though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We could have done that, effectively the same way by swapping pick 82 & player for pick 79? We didn't do it though.
    That's true but then there are a lot of moving parts in the last hours of trade week. If we were keen to get TC to head up North with him supposedly declining (I can't verify this), and we've subsequently snagged Schache at the eleventh hour, sealing Crameri's fate, there may still be time now to negotiate an amicable exit, retaining Crammers and upgrading Roarke with pick 82. I'm not suggesting that it will or should happen, just that it is achievable if Crameri is now deemed required given Jake's exit.

Post Thanks / Like

That's true but then there are a lot of moving parts in the last hours of trade week. If we were keen to get TC to head up North with him supposedly declining (I can't verify this), and we've subsequently snagged Schache at the eleventh hour, sealing Crameri's fate, there may still be time now to negotiate an amicable exit, retaining Crammers and upgrading Roarke with pick 82. I'm not suggesting that it will or should happen, just that it is achievable if Crameri is now deemed required given Jake's exit.
    I'd rather move Campbell next year for handful of draft points. If we want Crameri (key question), as I've said last week, we should apply for special consideration from the AFEL to move him onto the rookie list directly, in exchange for our pick 9 in the RD. There's a good argument to made for the club and especially Stew for it, we might just get it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard a rumour Tory Dickson could be retiring due to his hip injury.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Wow that would be a shame. A truly great football story, and a huge role in our 2016 finals campaign.
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That came out of nowhere.
    I like Tory but he can't play with injury, struggled last year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Hope that's not true. Given his late start to AFL I hoped he would still have at least 2 or 3 years left. God knows how we are going to kick a score next year. Maybe that's why we haven't delisted Crameri yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hope that's not true. Given his late start to AFL I hoped he would still have at least 2 or 3 years left. God knows how we are going to kick a score next year. Maybe that's why we haven't delisted Crameri yet?
    Well it is a rumour doing the rounds, how true I am not sure but I do think he struggled big time this season.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine so.

Realistically, we're going to have to delist Honeychurch and Crameri. It then boils down to whether or not we re-draft Crameri or promote Roarke Smith.

Injury prone, talented youngster or troubled, talented veteran.

I honestly don't know which way we'll go.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be disappointing to lose Tory, easy to forget how good he has been when he’s been operating at 100% - while I hope it’s not true, he could stay at the club as our kicking coach if injury forces him to retire early.

Post Thanks / Like

Losing Tory brings our forward goal kicking accuracy down even lower. Agree on the calls to keep him as an assistant goal kicking coach.

If it's all true.

Post Thanks / Like

You typically hate the media when they speculate on things. I hope the source is at least a good one.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"