Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Is Clay Smith in danger of being delisted?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BT, I think it will be Murp and Morris will hang in there. I am having my doubts on Webb.
    Agree on the old dogs. Personally, I reckon we've mismanaged Webb and he may well go and with a simplified program at another club, will be a pretty handy player. But he hasn't got a lot of runs on the board I agree, but I'd give him another contract. I mean, Hamilton got an extension, while the constantly injured Prudden clogged up the rookie list too. But its decision time shortly for some of these guys.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Is Clay Smith in danger of being delisted?
    He got a one year extension. So no. But it would've been a good question.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He got a one year extension. So no. But it would've been a good question.
    I forgot about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I forgot about that.
    Easy to forget. If it was a matter for right now, I'm not sure he'd be getting another year. If he can't play midfield, if he's a permanent forward pocket, then that's a bad decision to re-sign him to this.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard that Jakovich said that Murph to announce his retirement next week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    This could be a god send, from the aspect of if these guys want him to be a premiership captain, it's very obvious what they'd need to do make that happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Easy to forget. If it was a matter for right now, I'm not sure he'd be getting another year. If he can't play midfield, if he's a permanent forward pocket, then that's a bad decision to re-sign him to this.
    So what has happened with Clay that has seen his game diminish so rapidly. We know he's had 3 knee reco's, but that didn't stop him from being so vital late last year.
    So, have his knee's deteriorated and are no longer allowing him to perform at the level required. Or is it like Libba he's perhaps not had the most ideal pre-season? Or has he just had a crap year.
    I have, right from when we drafted him been concerned by his skill limitations. However the Clay Smith I saw last year won me over.
    Can that Clay come back or is he cooked due to his injuries? If it's not endemic knees and rather just a poor pre-season that is to blame for his sluggishness and lack of form this year, then I'll back him in to do the work required to be the player he was last season.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Complete guess work from Jako

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glen Jackovich, Western Bulldogs whisperer.

Clay's really struggled with continuity and form, and it's probably a range of issues contributing to that, from preseason to attitude, to fundamental body and ability issues.

Premiership teams always have players who drop off to become less regular fixtures in the senior side, become depth players, get delisted or retire. It could be that we got the best out of Smith at the right time and he's so far gone that he's almost done with us aside from being a depth player.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Clay's really struggled with continuity and form, and it's probably a range of issues contributing to that, from preseason to attitude, to fundamental body and ability issues.

Premiership teams always have players who drop off to become less regular fixtures in the senior side, become depth players, get delisted or retire. It could be that we got the best out of Smith at the right time and he's so far gone that he's almost done with us aside from being a depth player.
    Clay to be our Nick Davis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Clay to be our Nick Davis?
    Depends on whether Bevo decides to turn to the same level of sociopathy or hedonism Roos decided to post his success.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Bob, to me he is looking tired and showing his age.
    He will pop up and do what Bob does but I think the body is starting to feel the rigors of a long AFL career.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Yeah good point and he very well could be that. He goes down in Bulldogs folklore for his finals performances throughout 2016 he was sensational

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd and Murph to retire.

Morris is a possibility to stay on for one more year to assist with the transition to Cordy/Adams/Young as our defensive stalwarts.

Honeychurch is in the Hrovat/Stevens category of too good for VFL but not good enough for consistent top line AFL, and given the need to overturn the list each year, he's expendable.

I can see Webb getting offers. I rate him as a long term prospect due to his kicking and overhead skills and proven ability to accumulate big numbers at VFL but he hasn't been able to replicate that form with us at AFL level. Another one who may be seen as expendable.

And if Tom Campbell's manager had any clue, he'd be finding him a new home as we speak with English only going to develop and improve.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post