Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Crameri not offered a new contract. Disappointed. Wouldn't he have some sort of trade currency?
    Not even offering a rookie spot?

Essendon stoked with Zak Merrett even more.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not even offering a rookie spot?

Essendon stoked with Zak Merrett even more.
    But just think of all the equity we got by playing nice with them for some reason!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Crameri not offered a new contract. Disappointed. Wouldn't he have some sort of trade currency?
    Ah dam was keen to keep him. Where did you hear this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    But just think of all the equity we got by playing nice with them for some reason!
    I have a feeling this old wound is about to get picked back open. It was buyer beware too...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I was listening to SEN for a minute today and not sure who said it but linked the dogs with Schache even though he has signed. I've been surprised that he couldn't make the grade after the fact. It seems strange that the dogs haven't offered Crameri a contract with Cloke potential retiring and redpath open to offers. Anyone think we have something up out sleeve?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Crameri ... curious if true. It's not as if we're blessed with blokes with goal nouse, nor would he have commanded much by way of $$.

Perhaps we'd consider throwing him a pre-season lifeline if other contingencies turn to shite.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    RE: Crameri ... curious if true. It's not as if we're blessed with blokes with goal nouse, nor would he have commanded much by way of $$.

Perhaps we'd consider throwing him a pre-season lifeline if other contingencies turn to shite.
    I've checked the clubs website and did a google search for Stewart Crameri and cannot locate a story that confirms what BT&T suggested. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I was listening to SEN for a minute today and not sure who said it but linked the dogs with Schache even though he has signed. I've been surprised that he couldn't make the grade after the fact. It seems strange that the dogs haven't offered Crameri a contract with Cloke potential retiring and redpath open to offers. Anyone think we have something up out sleeve?
    It was Brian Waldron who shouldn't be trusted

Here is a bit from SEN

American ruckman Mason Cox is set to depart Collingwood to move north to Brisbane, according to former St Kilda chief executive Brian Waldon.

The out of contract 26-year-old has attracted plenty of interest from rival clubs following his return to the senior team in Round 21. Cox averaged 36 hitouts a game in his final three home and away matches as well as chipping in with four goals.

Waldron told SEN’s Hungry For Sport that he expects the 211cm big man to change clubs during the trade period.

“He's going to Brisbane”, he said.

It is understood that Collingwood is keen to retain Cox’s services, but face a fight to keep him in black and white.

Waldon also said that Brisbane youngster Josh Schache – he re-signed with the Lions mid-season – remains a player of interest for rival clubs, with the Western Bulldogs keen to lure him back to Victoria.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It was Brian Waldron who shouldn't be trusted

Here is a bit from SEN

American ruckman Mason Cox is set to depart Collingwood to move north to Brisbane, according to former St Kilda chief executive Brian Waldon.

The out of contract 26-year-old has attracted plenty of interest from rival clubs following his return to the senior team in Round 21. Cox averaged 36 hitouts a game in his final three home and away matches as well as chipping in with four goals.

Waldron told SEN’s Hungry For Sport that he expects the 211cm big man to change clubs during the trade period.

“He's going to Brisbane”, he said.

It is understood that Collingwood is keen to retain Cox’s services, but face a fight to keep him in black and white.

Waldon also said that Brisbane youngster Josh Schache – he re-signed with the Lions mid-season – remains a player of interest for rival clubs, with the Western Bulldogs keen to lure him back to Victoria.
    Nice thanks for that. I'm not sure id be offering a massive contract to Schache, from the outside looking in he didn't seem to able to handle the scrutiny well and if he did decide to break contract the pressure would go up 10 fold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've checked the clubs website and did a google search for Stewart Crameri and cannot locate a story that confirms what BT&T suggested. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.
    https://twitter.com/tennewsmelb/stat...40435758415872
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Right. So it's supposition rather than an actual story.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was ten news. Wasn't matter of fact but sounds like he won't be on the main list to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, It's a bit better than I expected. I think we have been very clear with Crameri that we want to evaluate our position and I think we will come back to him once it becomes clearer who might be interested in joining us.

I do think we should offer Crameri a contract providing he genuinely wants to get stuck in for next season,

Post Thanks / Like

Can we put an embargo on mentioning anything that Waldron says?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Can we put an embargo on mentioning anything that Waldron says?
    I wish we could