Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Bucks But then we tried turning the ladder upside down and it worked. We've been improving every year since Malthouse left.

Keithy Ummm mate...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

"And then Eddie said to Mick, your shit and Nathan is going to make this a Dynasty".
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where to stick this post, or if it's already on here, but Ryan Schoenmachers has re signed with Hawthorn!

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they hadn't re-signed through the year would Smith & Roberts be looking for a new home?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If they hadn't re-signed through the year would Smith & Roberts be looking for a new home?
    Smith would be I reckon. Roberts might just survive because we never seem to have all our tall defenders available but he's gone backwards this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Smith would be I reckon. Roberts might just survive because we never seem to have all our tall defenders available but he's gone backwards this year.
    I thought Roberts started the year well and was unlucky to be dropped the first time. I'm glad he has been re-signed.

Smith needs to get fit again. Again whats going on with our fitness staff?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Really didn't get a chance after the last time he was dropped.He's playing good footy in the VFL and was ignored for most of the 2nd half of the season. Handled poorly IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Both would likely get another year based off their performances in 2016 and how important they were in the finals, but they would want to put in a strong pre-season.

Two of many who have something to prove in 2018 or risk being tipped out of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I thought Roberts started the year well and was unlucky to be dropped the first time. I'm glad he has been re-signed.

Smith needs to get fit again. Again whats going on with our fitness staff?
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Really didn't get a chance after the last time he was dropped.He's playing good footy in the VFL and was ignored for most of the 2nd half of the season. Handled poorly IMO.
    But why did he go backwards?

Post Thanks / Like

But why did he go backwards?
    No support from experienced team-mates... No Hamling & Morris - Wood & Boyd down on form.

Change of line coach may have affected him? Different set of instructions? Maybe no instructions??

Plays like he is 6ft, not 6'5".

Post Thanks / Like

No support from experienced team-mates... No Hamling & Morris - Wood & Boyd down on form.

Change of line coach may have affected him? Different set of instructions? Maybe no instructions??

He showed some promise at the start of the year, then he seemed to be lost a bit and also lost confidence.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That last point is especially true.

Not saying he sleeps with the lights on...

Post Thanks / Like

Comparing Fletcher with many of his KPD peers he lacks upper body strength for someone that doesn't offer other tricks like mobility, speed, etc like Hamling was offering us late last season. Hopefully he can still find a way to build up some upper body strength over the pre-season, without sacrificing the limited mobility that he brings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Comparing Fletcher with many of his KPD peers he lacks upper body strength for someone that doesn't offer other tricks like mobility, speed, etc like Hamling was offering us late last season. Hopefully he can still find a way to build up some upper body strength over the pre-season, without sacrificing the limited mobility that he brings.
    The shoulder reconstructions restricted his ability to build up his upper body. Hopefully, the next preseason will be different.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The shoulder reconstructions restricted his ability to build up his upper body. Hopefully, the next preseason will be different.
    Yes I was going to make this similar observation BD but wasn't quite sure over how many pre-seasons now has his development been hindered through his dodgy shoulders. If it's an issue somewhat endemic with Fletch I do see this being an issue for him to reach the potential we need him to get to.