Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Operation Re-Sign Stew Crameri
    Personally I wouldn't.

There is a real possibility that his body is cactus in terms of being able to stand up to AFL footy. Has pretty much missed 2 years of footy now and turns 30 in 2018.

I like that we got Crameri to the club, he was a valuable contributor for a couple of seasons - but I don't think the best list management decision would be to re-sign him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Personally I wouldn't.

There is a real possibility that his body is cactus in terms of being able to stand up to AFL footy. Has pretty much missed 2 years of footy now and turns 30 in 2018.

I like that we got Crameri to the club, he was a valuable contributor for a couple of seasons - but I don't think the best list management decision would be to re-sign him.
    For me its a 1 year contract or nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Personally I wouldn't.

I agree. Time to cut the losses and make room for a fresh player.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the fresher player camp as well
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleary on Trade Radio reckons we've got the hots for Freo Crozier.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If he comes cheap, then maybe.

Decent skills - not sure he brings much else though.

Post Thanks / Like

Good moneyball type. Can play forward and I think he could even emulate Jeremy Howe and become a good rebounding half back.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Good moneyball type. Can play forward and I think he could even emulate Jeremy Howe and become a good rebounding half back.
    Nice penetrating kick. My issue is he can't crack a generally poor side.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Played every game from r2, save one missed with concussion. He's clearly best 22 there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good players not developing at a shit club but really coming on at a good club with the right development and preperation pathways happens a lot. I know I'm a bulldog supporter who remembers the 1970s and 80s.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good players not developing at a shit club but really coming on at a good club with the right development and preperation pathways happens a lot. I know I'm a bulldog supporter who remembers the 1970s and 80s.
    Yeah me too. It's a long, distinguished list.

13. Likes Twodogs, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Club have been trying to get him for some time. Had a good year and much improved. Coming home could be a good thing for him.

Post Thanks / Like

They've forgotten about Hamilton being delisted, but a decent summary of where our uncontracted players are at:

Out-of-contract Bulldogs midfielder in limbo

THE FUTURE of Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Honeychurch won't be decided until after next month's free agency and trade periods.

AFL.com.au understands the out-of-contract 22-year-old has been told by the Bulldogs they can't offer him a new deal until they know how many spots they'll have on their list following the NAB AFL free agency and trade windows.

It's also possible the Eastern Ranges product could find a new club in the exchange period, with Essendon and Adelaide showing interest in him last year.

2017 proved to be a frustrating year for Honeychurch, as he was a solid performer in the VFL before finally earning a senior recall in round 13.

He then played the next six games until a facial infection following round 19 sidelined him for several weeks.

Honeychurch has played just 22 games in four seasons at Whitten Oval since being taken with pick 60 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.

He and forward Stewart Crameri remain the only two senior-listed Bulldogs without a contract for next season, with AFL.com.au reporting last month Essendon had made enquiries to Crameri's management about bringing him back to Tullamarine.

That interest may have waned with coach John Worsfold confirming the Bombers are in the hunt to recruit fellow Dogs forward Jake Stringer.

With Robert Murphy and Matthew Boyd retiring, and with Stringer likely to find a new home, the Dogs are on track to make the three mandatory changes to their senior list under AFL rules.

The Dogs will also have to make a call on Roarke Smith, with the luckless defender needing to be upgraded or delisted after being on the club's rookie list for the maximum three seasons.

The 21-year-old, who has endured two knee reconstructions in the past 18 months, has impressed in two senior games but just needs some luck to realise his full potential.

Fellow rookies Brad Lynch and Nathan Mullenger-McHugh are expected to be retained by the Bulldogs after they delisted injury-prone midfielder Josh Prudden last week.

16. Thanks bulldogtragic, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They've forgotten about Hamilton being delisted, but a decent summary of where our uncontracted players are at:

Out-of-contract Bulldogs midfielder in limbo

THE FUTURE of Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Honeychurch won't be decided until after next month's free agency and trade periods.

AFL.com.au understands the out-of-contract 22-year-old has been told by the Bulldogs they can't offer him a new deal until they know how many spots they'll have on their list following the NAB AFL free agency and trade windows.

It's also possible the Eastern Ranges product could find a new club in the exchange period, with Essendon and Adelaide showing interest in him last year.

2017 proved to be a frustrating year for Honeychurch, as he was a solid performer in the VFL before finally earning a senior recall in round 13.

He then played the next six games until a facial infection following round 19 sidelined him for several weeks.

Honeychurch has played just 22 games in four seasons at Whitten Oval since being taken with pick 60 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.

He and forward Stewart Crameri remain the only two senior-listed Bulldogs without a contract for next season, with AFL.com.au reporting last month Essendon had made enquiries to Crameri's management about bringing him back to Tullamarine.

That interest may have waned with coach John Worsfold confirming the Bombers are in the hunt to recruit fellow Dogs forward Jake Stringer.

With Robert Murphy and Matthew Boyd retiring, and with Stringer likely to find a new home, the Dogs are on track to make the three mandatory changes to their senior list under AFL rules.

The Dogs will also have to make a call on Roarke Smith, with the luckless defender needing to be upgraded or delisted after being on the club's rookie list for the maximum three seasons.

The 21-year-old, who has endured two knee reconstructions in the past 18 months, has impressed in two senior games but just needs some luck to realise his full potential.

Fellow rookies Brad Lynch and Nathan Mullenger-McHugh are expected to be retained by the Bulldogs after they delisted injury-prone midfielder Josh Prudden last week.
    Nothing against Mitch the club just needs to move him on, he isn't up to AFL standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Nothing against Mitch the club just needs to move him on, he isn't up to AFL standard.

We have to make a call on him don't we?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.