Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

I have no idea who is going to kick goals for us next year.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch stays, Crameri gone.

Dogs make further list changes

The Western Bulldogs Football Club has made two further changes to its playing list following the completion of the 2017 free agency and trade period.

Stewart Crameri has not been offered a contract for the 2018 season, while Mitch Honeychurch has signed a one-year extension to remain at VU Whitten Oval.

Travis Cloke has also announced his retirement.

Crameri has spent four seasons at the Bulldogs since crossing from Essendon at the end of the 2013 season, kicking 69 goals over 40 games before being restricted by suspension and injuries.

“Stewie showed what he was very capable of in those first two seasons with us, where his combination of athleticism and power was a feature,” Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney said.

“Through a variety of circumstances he’s only been able to get on the park five times over the last 24 months.

“We thank him for his efforts and dedication to the club and wish him well in the future.”

Mitch Honeychurch has played 22 games since being drafted with pick #60 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.

The 22-year-old added six games to his career tally in 2017, where he averaged 15 disposals per contest, including six score involvements and his 5.7 tackles per game, placing him fourth at the Club.

McCartney said the Club held high hopes for the tenacious Honeychurch.

“Mitch has improved every year he’s been at the Club, and if it weren’t for a late season injury, I’ve got no doubt he would have played a few more games in 2017,” he said.

“We look forward to seeing Mitch continue to develop as a player and as a person in our program.”

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have Cloke and a handful of DFAs ahead of Honeychurch. But he stays and I hope he proves me astonishingly wrong.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like those changes. A balanced list now.

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous decision to keep Honeychurch.

We don't learn (Hamilton and Prudden etc.)

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd have Cloke and a handful of DFAs ahead of Honeychurch. But he stays and I hope he proves me astonishingly wrong.
    Generous contract extension. Reckon he has survived because Butler and Costanza are premiership players.

Hope he can bring the heat in our F50 and convert his opportunities in 2018. I do like his intent, just don't think he has the tools to execute.

As an aside, there would be question marks over at least 10 players on our list in 12 months' time. I expect a serious cull next year, successful 2018 or otherwise.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Ridiculous decision to keep Honeychurch.

We don't learn (Hamilton and Prudden etc.)
    Ridiculous is a tad excessive - Honeychurch has shown capability at this level well in excess of Prudds and especially Hamilton. But it is a generous decision - he's a lucky boy IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Ridiculous is a tad excessive - Honeychurch has shown capability at this level well in excess of Prudds and especially Hamilton. But it is a generous decision - he's a lucky boy IMO.
    As Jmac said he has continued to improve which is a big plus for Honey. Before he fell ill he was playing quite well his only downfall being missed shots for goal. He had enough of the ball to be damaging. His endeavour and tackling were first class too. If he can improve his goal kicking....like a lot of our players....he will be very handy indeed.

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's about capability, then Crameri is a long way ahead of Honeychurch.

I think it's a ridiculous decision because it's clear that Honeychurch isn't going to make the grade. His lack of size is one thing, but his severe lack of pace and skill makes him unplayable at the top level, particularly for a side with Premiership aspirations.

He's been on our list for 4 years - surely it's enough time to assess and then move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch's biggest downside is his conversion rate. If he nailed 95% of his pings at goal he would be seen in a different light.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I think we should have let him go, he is at least a young player and this is the kick up the bum he might need to fight for his spot.

I really thought Crameri was a very good player for us, but no football in two years makes it hard for the club to keep him on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If it's about capability, then Crameri is a long way ahead of Honeychurch.

I think it's a ridiculous decision because it's clear that Honeychurch isn't going to make the grade. His lack of size is one thing, but his severe lack of pace and skill makes him unplayable at the top level, particularly for a side with Premiership aspirations.

He's been on our list for 4 years - surely it's enough time to assess and then move on.
    Hard to disagree with any of that. Only caveat I'd say is that the premiers had a couple of short-arses with no skill in their F50 who were very effective at locking it in. They were quick though, much quicker than Honeychurch. He is lucky, no doubt about it.

Also Crameri must be cooked physically otherwise he'd surely be a lock to get another contract.

16. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch applies elite defensive pressure at least, but I have grave concerns over his kicking.

Shame we couldn't hold onto Hrovat, any chance we get Higgins in the draft?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Whilst I think we should have let him go, he is at least a young player and this is the kick up the bum he might need to fight for his spot.
    Don't think Honey is a 'kick up the bum' candidate, just don't think he cuts the mustard.

I have no doubts about him giving 100% effort.

Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, there would be question marks over at least 10 players on our list in 12 months' time. I expect a serious cull next year, successful 2018 or otherwise.
    Who are those 10 in your eyes?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.