Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
I like your plan but I also worry as BT said the retention rate and how to fix it?

I don't mind the idea Wayne Carey put forward and that is in order to attract some good experienced players, perhaps GC could give up their drafted picks from last year and trade for a couple of very good players from other clubs? That could be one short term fix at least.
That is why I think giving them end of first round draft picks along with access to a state league player over 3 years but with the ability to trade those options for established players would given them the additional currency they need to attract players.
If they traded their access to a state league player for a solid player from another club along with a first round pick, their end of for first round pick and their early second round pick they can land established players. They will probably need some additional cap space though

Brisbane loaded up with quality youngsters and gave them a better environment and it's quickly worked, the same can happen for the Suns if they forget about the likes of putting all their eggs into the likes of GAJ.

They also need help to develop players.