Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Does it necessarily have to be a 17 team comp if the Suns fall over? Surely the sensible decision in that case (The AFL finally getting it through their thick heads that the Gold Coast is a leisure/holiday area and that the people who live/holiday there aren't interested in watching sport.

Move the Suns to Tassie. I learned a long time ago that the only reason you bang your head against a brick wall is because it feels good when you stop. It's time for the AFL to stop banging their head against that brick wall. I understand that Gil is desperate to get his memorial project up so he can look like a genius (the man who finally managed to get a pro sporting team to prosper on the GC) but I'm not willing to stand by and watch him piss the goodwill and money the AFL has made up against a wall trying to prove how clever he is.
I keep hearing Tasmania as the alternate but would they still be plagued with challenges of player retention which is the Suns biggest challenge? Well that and some appalling administrative decisions that include a list manager who was making poor decisions and a fly in and fly out coach

If Brisbane can be turned around the Suns at least have a chance. I think having a team in Tassie would be OK but it's nowhere near a sure thing to be successful.