Credit to Dew. Quite often when the media speculation starts, the coach can lose the team or the plot - or both. He's on 360 a fair bit and has been pretty laid back, even joking about his situation and Clarko being available a few times, and I guess it's that kind of personality/confidence/attitude that (hopefully) Suns players like. If he can keep the squad together they'll be formidable next year with King back and another year into some of those kids. If they can get another trade period where they land quality like Chol and Casbolt for very little, then all the better.

I like Dew. I want the Suns to do well and for footy to really take a bigger foothold here in QLD.

As an aside, my brother went to GWS v Hawks on Sunday. It was wet, very wet, and there were only 4,812 people there. Success in these non-footy states is so important for crowds to come. They don't have the die hard fans yet. That'll take 20 years. It's not inconceivable that if GWS have a couple of down years, all the questions being asked about Suns viability will be more squarely focussed on GWS.