Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  41
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gold Coast Suns Viability - How Long Have They Got?

Has deliberate rushed behind gone out of the book ? Twice I’ve seen it this year and no free kick.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

How are the Foxfooty commentators talking finals footy for GC - 3 games in. FMD let's see what happens in the next ten games
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How are the Foxfooty commentators talking finals footy for GC - 3 games in. FMD let's see what happens in the next ten games
    I suspect there is a part of their position as Fox employees that has to talk up the game, most of them aren't worth listening to
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Well two very impressive performances when most of the rest of the competition has looked mediocre to shithouse probably has something to do with that. A bit of justified optimism about Gold Coast would be great and somewhat validate them as a club which would be a nice change from the repetitive moaning about how they don't deserve to be in the comp.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Well two very impressive performances when most of the rest of the competition has looked mediocre to shithouse probably has something to do with that. A bit of justified optimism about Gold Coast would be great and somewhat validate them as a club which would be a nice change from the repetitive moaning about how they don't deserve to be in the comp.
    They are certainly playing well and I would like to see them make a final. It would be fantastic if they could win won before Essendon get a finals win.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    It'd be nice if it actually meant something thereafter, given they've done this before and delivered little in the past.

I actually want both GCS and GWS in the competition, and I also want an additional team from Tassie and one from at least another place in the country as we can then play each team once a year and flip grounds the following year whilst having a credible competition.

Imagine how amazing an even draw would be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It'd be nice if it actually meant something thereafter, given they've done this before and delivered little in the past.

I actually want both GCS and GWS in the competition, and I also want an additional team from Tassie and one from at least another place in the country as we can then play each team once a year and flip grounds the following year whilst having a credible competition.

Imagine how amazing an even draw would be.
    The AFL would for sure have some kind of convoluted wildcard round or rivalry round which would ruin it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Gold Coast won a premiership before the Great Waste of Space from Western Sydney?
    (Assuming we don't win it that particular year)!!!

10. Likes bornadog, azabob, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They have for sure looked impressive, but it's kind of going unsaid that they're playing with a really significant advantage over their opposition at the moment, and they also kinda do this every year.

Anyway, in other "Spiderman pointing at Spiderman" news:

EDIT - pictures aren't posting as usual (probably user error) but Buckley has definitely taken notice of Rowell.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

They have looked good but I am waiting to see how they go against some quality opposition away from Carrara. Having sdaid that thy can only beat the opposition they are drawn to play against.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

2 games and healthy percentage is a decent head start.

In the past they have started seasons well but had no depth so 3-4 injuries killed them. They probably bat a little deeper this year - CEY went there too for inside grunt so they can actually cover midfield injuries now.

Don't forget Rory Thompson is due back in a few weeks which gives them KPP depth too, and 2MP didn't play either. I still think Harbrow is a really important part of their line up as someone who can actually run the ball from defence.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Shorter quarters and getting to stay home in the SE Qld hub has been very beneficial for the Suns. They held their own in many quarters and games last season but got killed in red time - the shorter quarters are right up their alley with still such a young list.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

They’re coming big time
    I thought 12 months ago they could win one before the plastics
    Gotta say 19 losses in a row had second thoughts, but the plastics might be done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm with you. I want the game to keep growing and more teams added to the comp, a Tassie team and a NT team for sure, eventually adding two teams from NZ to the comp would be nice as well, I know Rugby is the 'big game' over there but they have a love for AFL with their local leagues boasting a large amount of players.

I want GC to do well, they're fast becoming my number 2 team to watch and go for, hopefully they snag a finals win before Essendon and the Plastics again.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

18. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post