Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  41
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gold Coast Suns Viability - How Long Have They Got?

Geelong started to drop off last year just by ageing list, they have decided to keep them players for another year, it’s going to be a dramatic fall this year I predict.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Suns probably have a few more years of pain but they'll be golden when Rowell and Anderson are ready

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Geelong started to drop off last year just by ageing list, they have decided to keep them players for another year, it’s going to be a dramatic fall this year I predict.
    I agree ledge. They have a big implosion coming up same as Hawthorn.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Suns probably have a few more years of pain but they'll be golden when Rowell and Anderson are ready
    It might happen quicker than expected as they have some seriously talented players at their disposal

Jack Bowes, Will Brodie, Brayden Fiorini, Ben Ainsworth, Touk Miller, Noah Anderson, Hugh Greenwood, Darcy MacPherson Matt Rowell, Sam Flanders, and David Swallow has an excellent depth and is versatile midfield
    Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine, Ben King and Peter Wright gives them plenty of options up forward and Jarrod Witts is a better than decent ruckman

From a playing perspective they have a list to make an impact.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Fair effort to put in that performance without their best performed player of the past couple of years (Witts).

If Griffen stayed and we took Wright at the draft with pick 6 he'd be the most frustrating player to have ever pulled on the tri-colours. Slow and lumbering one minute and dropping a sitter, the next minute he takes a huge pack mark or crushes 4 opponents in one attempt leaving the rest of the forwards to kick an easy goal.

Darcy McPherson reminds me a lot of Dahlhaus - scrappy and can make mistakes but always dangerous. Good luck to the kid.
    I still love Alex Sexton as a player, if he played in Victoria he'd get a lot more attention.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Fair effort to put in that performance without their best performed player of the past couple of years (Witts).

If Griffen stayed and we took Wright at the draft with pick 6 he'd be the most frustrating player to have ever pulled on the tri-colours. Slow and lumbering one minute and dropping a sitter, the next minute he takes a huge pack mark or crushes 4 opponents in one attempt leaving the rest of the forwards to kick an easy goal.

Darcy McPherson reminds me a lot of Dahlhaus - scrappy and can make mistakes but always dangerous. Good luck to the kid.
    I still love Alex Sexton as a player, if he played in Victoria he'd get a lot more attention.
    Wright had a set shot from 65 and easily made the distance. The man on the mark was inside the centre square!!!
    He has such an intriguing skill set and has never come close to consistently putting it together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

We definitely made a blue in hindsight backing the likes of Honeychurch & Hrovat, rather than taking a flier on McPherson as a freebie.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We definitely made a blue in hindsight backing the likes of Honeychurch & Hrovat, rather than taking a flier on McPherson as a freebie.
    Yeah we kind of outsmarted ourselves with him didn't we?

Good luck to the kid though. I still love the story that when one of his coaches told him that he was F/S eligible the first thing he said was "Did dad play footy? Who with?"

Mate if I was Super MacPherson I'd be singing about my footy career from the rooftops. It's the first thing I'd say when I met someone new! "I wore number 27"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes strebla, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Gold Coast Suns Viability - How Long Have They Got?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah we kind of outsmarted ourselves with him didn't we?

Good luck to the kid though. I still love the story that when one of his coaches told him that he was F/S eligible the first thing he said was "Did dad play footy? Who with?"

Mate if I was Super MacPherson I'd be singing about my footy career from the rooftops. It's the first thing I'd say when I met someone new! "I wore number 27"
    I’m happy for him . His done the hard yards and come through as rookie , persevered with the suns lack of success... maybe it gave him more oppportunties . Eade smartly picked him
    His improved every year and become better even after having a serious injury

Can’t believe we didn’t pick him up as a rookie ... sigh... And he has excellent footy Pedigree !
    Last edited by macca; 25-02-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's very early in the a disjointed season but are the Suns an improving team or just one that always starts the season well before fading?

I'm still of the belief they are worth sticking with
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Irrepressible half of footy from the Suns but the Crows are so woeful they might get the coach sacked in his rookie season.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I know it's very early in the a disjointed season but are the Suns an improving team or just one that always starts the season well before fading?

I'm still of the belief they are worth sticking with
    There’s a heap of talent there, they need to hold onto it while it matures.
    They can engrave Rowell’s name on the Rising Star now. He looks absolutely special. Shorter season means less time to fade out, but the way they’re playing is better than the way they were winning games early last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Really like Ainsworth be a lovely fit in the red white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Might put $20 on Rowell for the Brownlow.

Post Thanks / Like

Tex is the exact mirror of the Crows , old slow and way past it.
    Keath a massive loss as far as any backline solidarity is concerned.
    Side note:If Ellis isn’t getting any royalties for being copied as Cornholio he should be.
    Bring back the biff