Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  41
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gold Coast Suns Viability - How Long Have They Got?

Credit to Dew. Quite often when the media speculation starts, the coach can lose the team or the plot - or both. He's on 360 a fair bit and has been pretty laid back, even joking about his situation and Clarko being available a few times, and I guess it's that kind of personality/confidence/attitude that (hopefully) Suns players like. If he can keep the squad together they'll be formidable next year with King back and another year into some of those kids. If they can get another trade period where they land quality like Chol and Casbolt for very little, then all the better.

I like Dew. I want the Suns to do well and for footy to really take a bigger foothold here in QLD.

As an aside, my brother went to GWS v Hawks on Sunday. It was wet, very wet, and there were only 4,812 people there. Success in these non-footy states is so important for crowds to come. They don't have the die hard fans yet. That'll take 20 years. It's not inconceivable that if GWS have a couple of down years, all the questions being asked about Suns viability will be more squarely focussed on GWS.

2. Thanks GVGjr, josie thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Credit to Dew. Quite often when the media speculation starts, the coach can lose the team or the plot - or both. He's on 360 a fair bit and has been pretty laid back, even joking about his situation and Clarko being available a few times, and I guess it's that kind of personality/confidence/attitude that (hopefully) Suns players like. If he can keep the squad together they'll be formidable next year with King back and another year into some of those kids. If they can get another trade period where they land quality like Chol and Casbolt for very little, then all the better.

I like Dew. I want the Suns to do well and for footy to really take a bigger foothold here in QLD.

As an aside, my brother went to GWS v Hawks on Sunday. It was wet, very wet, and there were only 4,812 people there. Success in these non-footy states is so important for crowds to come. They don't have the die hard fans yet. That'll take 20 years. It's not inconceivable that if GWS have a couple of down years, all the questions being asked about Suns viability will be more squarely focussed on GWS.
    Unlike our coach.

Post Thanks / Like

GC have filled there last list spot with Brodie McLaughlin from Frankston VFL
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Cochrane stepping down as Chair at GC
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tony Cochrane stepping down as Chair at GC
    Bloody hard job and all things considered he's done his best.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"