Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sons of the West: 03/11

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    What a brilliant night.
    Do tell.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    What a brilliant night.
    Sounds like you have a good night out. How many people do you reckon were in attendance?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    I was there too. You would recognise me because I was the only one appropriately dressed.

Great night with the Bont, Jake, Murph, Old Libba and Dougie.
    The dress code was semi formal. I noticed a couple of people who went further than that, dressing up in business attire. As long as you feel you felt more important than everyone else, that's the only thing that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I went to a Bulldogs B&F about 6 years ago, dressed formally in accordance with the dress code outlined. Unfortunately no one else did and I was mistaken for a waiter on multiple occasions.

Excuse me? Can I have a glass of the red please?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do tell.
    I was fortunate enough to be seated on a table near the main table featuring the three current players and two former ones.

Doug Hawkins and Libba Snr are a couple of Larakins.

Libba Snr arrived straight from the races and had clearly enjoyed a massive day. At one stage, he ordered four glasses of scotch.

Hawk and Libba were the first to go on stage, and Hawk told a story about a Footy Trip the boys enjoyed when they went to Gold Coast. Hawk and Libba shared a room together and, after a massive night out (as you do on a Footy Trip), Hawk arrived back to their appartment at 5:30AM. He opened the door and went into the bedroom and noticed there was only one bed in there, as opposed to two. He went over to the bed to find Libba hiding underneath the sheets. Hawk then said to Libba, "where the hell is my bed?" Libba, still tucked under the sheets, giggled and said, "I threw it out the window onto the garden bed". Hawk didn't explain what level they were on, but I would assume Libba had thrown Hawk's bed out of the window of an appartment maybe five stories high. Libba then also told Hawk, "I also threw your clothes and luggage out the window too."

I couldn't believe how much money they made from the auctions. Memorabilia you could get for significantly less was being auctioned off for ridiculous prices. Some items were being sold for six times the amount of their RRP.

Jake Stringer oozes confidence. He has added that to his repertoire. I asked him if there's one particular area of his game he would like to improve or work on, what would it be? He replied by saying he'd like to be fitter.

7. Thanks bornadog, Bulldog4life, Twodogs, 1eyedog, josie, N/A, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lady in the crowd asked Libba, "you mentioned you were at the races earlier today. I'm just wondering what horse you rode?"

Libba then replied by saying something very inappropriate about taking the lady out the back and riding her.

It was a well run night. Food was good, structure was good.

They had Doug Chappel (a comedian) on stage for a bit. He went on some rant about another comedian that he toured with rejecting his requests to add him as a friend on Facebook. He explained "for the past three and a half months, this comedian continues to reject my friend requests. I started off sending him a friend request every week, and then it was every few days, then it was every day. Finally, after three and a half months, he gave in and finally accepted by request... so then when he finally accepted me, I deleted him."

Dougie was asked who his most annoying opponent was. Without surprise, he answered Dippa. He then went on to say how much lip they gave each other and how neither of them could understand what the other was saying.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me further explain. I was, I think, the only one dressed in Bulldogs attire. Many other men wore suits, some with a Bulldogs tie. From what I could see nobody else wore a Bulldogs top.

Contrast that dinner, that was quite expensive and semi-formal to the Social Club function that will be held in a month or so. At the social club function just about everybody wears full Bulldogs gear. Right up to the hilt.

It was a brilliant night, great food, great company and a great show. Lots of laughs.

There were at least 8 people to a table and there were, maybe 50 tables. That's 400 people.

11. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reports CBM and Ringer. Sounds like you both had a really good evening out last week. Much appreciated.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Sons of the West program has been postponed and looks like it will outright cancelled this year. That's a real shame it is such a great program our club should be shouting from the rooftops about it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes strebla liked this post