Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ASICS on board as apparel partner

The Western Bulldogs have today announced a new apparel partnership with global sporting goods giant ASICS.

The ASICS logo will adorn Western Bulldogs on-field apparel for the next five years, with the partnership extending to 2021.
    The Club’s guernsey will see the traditional red, white and blue hoops remain, along with an additional red detail on the collar.

The 2017 guernsey will also feature the AFL premiers gold logo.

A leading running shoe brand for enthusiasts and professional athletes, ASICS is at the forefront of the world performance sports market and continues its rapid growth in the apparel space, with innovative design, research and technology key features of their range.

Bulldogs CEO Gary Kent said the Club was thrilled to partner with the international sporting goods brand.

“To partner with ASICS, who are such an iconic name in sporting apparel and footwear globally, is another big step forward for our Club.

“It’s important to us that we partner with compatible brands, and ASICS’ focus on people, community, innovation and performance ensure we have some important shared focuses.

“Our players and staff will benefit from ASICS’ high-quality apparel range, while we are also excited about the comprehensive apparel offering for our supporters and members.

ASICS Managing Director Allan Russell said the brand also looked forward to partnering with the Bulldogs.
    “ASICS is delighted to partner with the Western Bulldogs Football Club from 2017.

“As a brand driven by innovations in sporting footwear and apparel through sports science, we look for like-minded partners to grow with as we strive to achieve our growth plan in 2020.

“Through their involvement with Victoria University on sports science research and the innovative way the Bulldogs run their club both on-field and off-field, there are many synergies between ASICS and the Western Bulldogs.

“We look forward to working closely with the club for many successful years ahead.”

The new guernsey is now available to purchase from all major sports stores and AFL retailers, as well as online at www.asics.com.au and shop.westernbulldogs.com.au
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, anfo27, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASICS on board as apparel partner

Hopefully they are paying a huge premium to be our apparel partner for five years through our window. Looking at premiership apparel sales, if/when we win it again they could recoup a lot of the sponsorship.

More great news for the club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Will be going to asics store in city to grab some stuff they are fully stocked up on all the new gear

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The grey polo is a controversial first choice for them to make. Doesn't grab me at all. I won't be getting a charcoal grey polo.
    Last edited by AndrewP6; 11-11-2016 at 01:06 AM.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Those hoops just keep getting lower & lower
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Those hoops just keep getting lower & lower
    I wonder how long it will be before some marketing genius suggests we flip the red and white hoops?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Do all our jumpers have the gold AFL logo next year or do just the players who played in the premiership?

Post Thanks / Like

At last check our colours were Red, White and Blue. Anything with the Grey in it looks like it belongs at the GWS Giants. I will be boycotting anything that is containing the Grey and I would urge everyone to do the same, not good enough and unsure why the club would have approved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Do all our jumpers have the gold AFL logo next year or do just the players who played in the premiership?
    All of them, brilliant isnt it. Basically bragging at every game next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    At last check our colours were Red, White and Blue. Anything with the Grey in it looks like it belongs at the GWS Giants. I will be boycotting anything that is containing the Grey and I would urge everyone to do the same, not good enough and unsure why the club would have approved it.
    I must have missed something, where are you seeing grey?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    All of them, brilliant isnt it. Basically bragging at every game next year.

It just keeps getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird. It's like it's hiding the real colours with just bits of red and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Agree. Really baffled by this, just after celebrating our 2nd premiership, they have a perfect chance to flood the online and Whitten Oval stores with red, white and blue, and instead they release new gear featuring charcoal... Completely absurd.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

The polos and T shirts are most definitely charcoal, so too the new shorts. It looks positively awful, and is a massive blown opportunity IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Training singlets not in at the ASICS store yet so got a premiership guernsey and a pair of shorts.

Shorts'll get a fair workout as I quite like them.